Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Canada PT Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
stage 1 in canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2003, 03:55 pm
Young Cruiser

Default stage 1 in canada

any of you canadian gt owners know when dealers will be able to provide stage 1 kits here? or is there another avenue to obtaining one here? i was at my dealer last week inquiring about one and he could not help me. its not even on the canadian mopar web site. any info on this and also canadian pricing would be great.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 04:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'm in constant contact with my parts guy (that's where I'm getting the kits to sell anyways) and he's pretty good on keeping me in the loop. You can always order from the US, but watch out for the duty and taxes. As a general rule of thumb (from ordering several parts into Canada from the US), you can expect to double the US price, and that's the price you'd pay in Canadian.

MSRP for the Stage I kits are as follows:
Autostick: $795.00 Cdn
Manual: $738.00 Cdn
Mopar BOV: $126.00 Cdn

Of course, I'll be selling them for less than that, installation not included. http://connect.to/YBT
http://connect.to/YBT
Old 01 Sep 2003, 04:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

how much for the install?

I am interested!
Old 01 Sep 2003, 05:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Our current pricing for the Stage 1 install is $75/hr @ 1.5 hours. If you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail me at ybt@rogers.com.
http://connect.to/YBT
Old 04 Sep 2003, 04:22 am
Young Cruiser

^^^ When do you expect to get some Stage 1 Kits in your shop? I am also interested in purchasing a set. I hope it will be before the release of S2 Kit, cause I probably would want to go for S2 kit if it comes out. But with such positive feedback from S1 Kit oweners and the price, it's hard to ignore S1 Kit.

I am considering... ordering Mopar BOV from the States, and trying it out first. Then, S1 Kit.

Thanks.
Old 04 Sep 2003, 05:53 am
Young Cruiser

2 more questions to GLH or others while I am at it.

1. New PCM, Power Control Module is a piggy back to the Main computer? Meaning, take out the stock PCM and plug in S1 PCM without lossing Milage and other info stored in the main computer. Therefore, not having to go to a dealer to have new computer reflashed with stored info.

2. Is it really necessary to replace upper and lower manifold gaskets? I am thinking that minimal amount of boost increase should not affect stock gaskets, but I could be wrong. Just wondering if others who are boosting higher then S1 kit are replacing these gaskets as well.

Thanks,
Old 04 Sep 2003, 06:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

well boosta, it's hard to boost a whole lot more than the S1 kit due to the limitations of our fuel delivery system. 16-17 psi seems to be the most consistent number that i've seen. You CAN hit higher boost but beware of that little bastard called greed. When you have a boost controller it's all too east to jack it up. It's always a good idea to consider gaskets when increasing boost. But unless your hitting over 20 psi consistently i wouldn't be that worried. I also thought that the new PCM was a whole new unit, because if it were a "chip" the aftermarket companies probably would have cracked it by now...
Yes, stage one is a great bang for the buck mod. But as i'm sure alot of people know, it's not my thing. If you plan on slapping on a stage one AND THAT'S IT you're laughing. But there have been situations where the S1 would fight other mods and reduce their gains as a part or as a whole. My suggestion would be ....
1- A good boost controller
2- Full exhaust
3- Good air intake
4- BOV
I know this is more expensive that the Stage 1, but i think it is more tunable and will make high horsepower and torque more attainable in the future...
Old 05 Sep 2003, 02:12 am
Senior Cruiser

umm the reason you replace the gasket is becuase you have to remove the manifold to replace the injectors, which would cause damage to the gasket.

the pcm is a direct replacement for the stock one, and you need to send your vin number and milage etc....
Old 05 Sep 2003, 05:03 am
Young Cruiser

Yes, you are correct COP TZER and Punch. GLH was kind enough to promptely e-mail me the right answers to my questions. Thanks GLH !

Regards to COP TZER's statement: I tend to agree with you in regards to hop up mod suggestions, as I have already taken similar steps in modding my other non turbo import car. But for my GT, I am taking diff. route. Factory mopar S1 and maybe S2 kit only for the engine hop up and non mopar parts for the suspension, brake, and gauge mods down the road.

[^]