• 1 Post By ajhockey3
  • 4 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By chuzz
  • 1 Post By ajhockey3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jul 2018, 08:22 am
Cool Cruiser

Default PT Cruiser w/ body kit in scrapyard

Was trying to find a new bumper for my PT, Found this PT from KennyUpull with a full body kit. it is located in Quebec, could be a great way to get a body kit on the cheap!

234506 | AIM Kenny

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250
Old 24 Jul 2018, 07:37 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser w/ body kit in scrapyard

If it's all there and not damaged and you can get it for a reasonable price, you should grab it. Even if you decide not to use it, you could probably sell it and make some money.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 09:05 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
If it's all there and not damaged and you can get it for a reasonable price, you should grab it. Even if you decide not to use it, you could probably sell it and make some money.
Its a 1st gen bumper, wouldn't fit right on my 2nd. I would grab it and the sideskirts but its about 8 hours from me, or two hours from my brother in a nearish city. And my french is bad haha

Last edited by ajhockey3; 24 Jul 2018 at 09:09 am.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 02:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhockey3 View Post
Its a 1st gen bumper, wouldn't fit right on my 2nd. I would grab it and the sideskirts but its about 8 hours from me, or two hours from my brother in a nearish city. And my french is bad haha
I think all you'd have to do to make it that front end kit work on your 2nd generation PT is change to the earlier tear drop head light assemblies and the upper grill. It looks like that's all there. Ya gotta figure this kit new probably cost well over $1000.00. If you get it for a great price it might be cheaper than replacing your bumper cover with a stock one. Besides, with the ground effects side pieces installed, your PT should be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Go for it.
Happy PTin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 25 Jul 2018 at 08:14 am.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 06:56 am
Veteran Cruiser

You don't need to speak French, AJ. I'm sure they understand the language of cash just fine.
ajhockey3 likes this.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 08:42 am
Senior Cruiser

Let us know what you decide. I for one think that scrap yard body kit'd make you an awesome PT.

I used a good aftermarket original type front bumper cover I found on the internet on SOOO BIG. I think I paid about $200 for it. It was very close in gauge thickness, shape and design. You can see how well it worked out on the front end photo insert of SOOO BIG in my information.

A short internet search found the original type below listing at around $100. It might need a bit of finagling to fit but that price is nice.

FYI With a bit of searching I found this Xenon kit, w/o the side kit listed at about $195 plus shipping. Maybe an internet search could give you a bench mark on value and what to pay. Perhaps other Forum members can give you more of a value insight.

stock319TAC32nWL._AC_US218_.jpg front end kit51Jm+gbKjdL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 25 Jul 2018 at 02:22 pm.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 11:06 am
Cool Cruiser

I would defenitly pick it up if I was in the area, however it is 8 hours away. If I am somehow up there anytime I will pick it up. I am more looking for a used bumper that is already painted the right color, I think rockauto has one for like $50 but it would cost $500 for shipping here

Old 26 Jul 2018, 01:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I got my new bumper cover pre-painted and shipped for under $250. Here's a link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2006-20...BXcTA7&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 26 Jul 2018 at 01:07 pm.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 01:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I got my new bumper cover pre-painted and shipped for under $250. Here's a link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2006-20...BXcTA7&vxp=mtr

Would be a great deal if I lived in the states

Old 26 Jul 2018, 01:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhockey3 View Post
Would be a great deal if I lived in the states
There's lots of sellers with these on eBay. This is just the one that I took and chance on and they did a good job.

You might contact them and see if they will ship to the Great White North at a reasonable rate.