PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HID Kit Group Buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2006, 02:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Carchrism5
Default HID Kit Group Buy

this is a group buy for the full HID kits, not just the bulbs for your pt. I need 17 more people, http://www.oznium.com/hid those are the exact kits and they will be $190 each kit. Please email me at HIDGroupBuy@yahoo.com or AIM Vanquish725
Old 22 Jan 2006, 06:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

We recommend that you keep your stock headlight bulbs handy so you can reinstall them when you drive your car on public roads. USE OF AFTER-MARKET HID HEADLIGHTS ON PUBLIC ROADS IS ILLEGAL. OZNIUM LLC SELLS HID HEADLIGHTS STRICTLY FOR USE AT CAR SHOWS OR ON NON-PUBLIC ROADS.

[:0]
Old 23 Jan 2006, 11:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Whats the point of buying them if you can't drive with them on the street. [:0]
Old 25 Jan 2006, 05:35 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to StOnEwHitePt

Its is worth it to buy this kit. So much better over stock. Just remember, the lower the "K" rating the better you can see at night but the higher the "K" the dimmer the light is going to be but you have alot of color. If I were you, stick with 6K. on alot of aftermarket things it says "STRICTLY FOR USE AT CAR SHOWS OR ON NON-PUBLIC ROADS." Ive had my kit installed for 3 years with great night visability and I havent been pulled over once.
2002 PT Cruiser Touring Edit.(Stone White)(148.2 DB) --Rear match Tinted front windows, 20\"+18\" Limited 800 rims+ Toyo proxes 4 tires;\'20\"\'Chrome DUB badges to clarify, 6000k Polarion HID kit, silverstar foglight bulbs, Carriage Works polished Billet grille, Mopar Chrome fuel door, APC Euro tails + clear reverse lenses+ strobes, headlight strobes, Streetglow G.S UB kit, Ps2,2 Clarion 5.8\" headrest monitors, navigation system, 2 12\" Infinity subs with 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp/custom box., and a Shorty antenna + Chrome base.
Old 07 Feb 2006, 02:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

What about comparing to, Sylvania Silverstar replacement headlight bulbs. These are really good bulbs to install. Does the HID kit still shine brighter on the ground, probably so, but has anyone compared them?

Also, what about adding this kit to your fog lights?
Old 11 Feb 2006, 07:08 am
Young Cruiser

I wouldnt add any kit to the fogs though. They are too small. The regular halogen bulbs even burn them up over time so I wont even imagine a real HID bulb as bright as it is but it is cooler than a halogen bulb though(still not taking any chances on doing that though). But I have regular 9006 Siverstars in my fogs to go with my HID kit and it blends in great on the street and looking at them head on since they are "true White" halogens. Get a HID kit only for the headlights and silverstars in the fogs.[|)]
2002 PT Cruiser Touring Edit.(Stone White)(148.2 DB) --Rear match Tinted front windows, 20\"+18\" Limited 800 rims+ Toyo proxes 4 tires;\'20\"\'Chrome DUB badges to clarify, 6000k Polarion HID kit, silverstar foglight bulbs, Carriage Works polished Billet grille, Mopar Chrome fuel door, APC Euro tails + clear reverse lenses+ strobes, headlight strobes, Streetglow G.S UB kit, Ps2,2 Clarion 5.8\" headrest monitors, navigation system, 2 12\" Infinity subs with 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp/custom box., and a Shorty antenna + Chrome base.
Old 11 Feb 2006, 06:44 pm
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mtnbktrek

i have HIDs on my reg. headlights and i wanted them for my fogs i paid $300 for them on ebay they are awesome i saw that the silverstars match up that is true if you have a lower "k" i have 8000K which are blue the silverstars Do not match they look yellow still.if you get a lower rating like 5400 which is a blueish white light they might match better. the scale goes 3400K (white light)-10000K (purple) >>> 8000K (blue)<<< anything over 8000K is def. illegal .i havent had any problems and i had mine for 5 months. what K rating is the group buy?and is there going to be enough ppl.?
Old 13 Feb 2006, 07:49 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mtnbktrek

i have HIDs on my reg. headlights and i wanted them for my fogs i paid $300 for them on ebay they are awesome i saw that the silverstars match up that is true if you have a lower "k" i have 8000K which are blue the silverstars Do not match they look yellow still.if you get a lower rating like 5400 which is a blueish white light they might match better. the scale goes 3400K (white light)-10000K (purple) >>> 8000K (blue)<<< anything over 8000K is def. illegal .i havent had any problems and i had mine for 5 months. what K rating is the group buy?and is there going to be enough ppl.?
I can't believe it's someone else with a HID kit. The Pt's headlights put out an excellent beam dont you think? I have a 6K Philips Ultinon kit (all white with a hint of purple;looks like oem HID but more purple hue to it), I love it. The silverstars match mine but i guess if the headlights are too colorful they wont match at all. My kit was a PITA to install on the PT space wise, but the kit was easy as it was plug-n-play! Good luck guys.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 07:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

HI.

I'm new at this forum. I bought a few days ago my 6K HID kit and I was wondering how to disassembly the headlights to put the ballasts.

When I open the wheel panel I just see one screw going to the headlights. Is this the right and easiest way to install my kit?

I'd appreciate some easy steps to install it.

Respectfully

Cesar

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by StOnEwHitePt

Its is worth it to buy this kit. So much better over stock. Just remember, the lower the "K" rating the better you can see at night but the higher the "K" the dimmer the light is going to be but you have alot of color. If I were you, stick with 6K. on alot of aftermarket things it says "STRICTLY FOR USE AT CAR SHOWS OR ON NON-PUBLIC ROADS." Ive had my kit installed for 3 years with great night visability and I havent been pulled over once.
Old 20 May 2008, 02:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: HID Kit Group Buy

Hello Everybody! I am new to the forum and i am loving it !!

I have a simple question to make... I am from Brazil and just got a 2008, limited Pt Cruiser... I want to put a Hid kit on the low beam and the fog lights... Can anyone tell what type of bulg fits them???

Thanks in advance!!

Dan