Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
For Sale: ECM for '02 5-speed PT & Extras

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2009, 10:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default For Sale: ECM for '02 5-speed PT & Extras

I bought this engine control module at the local scrap yard for my 2002 PT Cruiser with 5-speed. The one in the car had developed a fault, but someone bought the car as-is, so now I have a tested and ready-to-go ECM on offer.

If your PT has the Sentry Key Ignition Module anti-theft system, i.e. the one with the fat ignition key, you will need to have the module re-flashed at your local Chrysler dealer to match your car's VIN. Otherwise, if you try to start the car, it will shut off after running for 2 seconds. My local dealer charges $45 for this. I have heard of places charging as little as $25 and as much as $85 for this service, and if you don't show them a valid title for the vehicle you intend to install it in, they may refuse to do it at all. Call your local dealer ahead of time to be prepared.

As far as I know, if your PT does not have the SKIM anti-theft system, you should be able to plug this ECM in and go. But I'm no expert. Check it out with your mechanic to confirm.

Other important things to know: this module will not work on a car with an automatic transmission, and it is for the base, non-turbo engine. The part number is: P05033666AC

I will also toss in an unused PT Cruiser air filter that I had left over, and a 2002 owners manual that I found in a drawer at the house long after the car was sold.

My asking price is $150. It's just taking up shelf space in my garage. I'd prefer to do the deal via Ebay, so just shoot me a personal message, and I will post it there, and email you a link.