PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2002 Pearl Almond Limited Pt "Custom Route 66 " Edition

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2009, 09:34 am
Young Cruiser

Exclamation 2002 Pearl Almond Limited Pt "Custom Route 66 " Edition

This little beauty has the "Smoothie sweet 16" front roll pan Pt Teazer (which has custom designed color-changing flames in the Cobra Mystic paint which changes 7 different colors.) with the matching rear roll pan. Has dual exhaust and the Cobra Mystic color-changing design on rear tailgate were designed by Tom Van Nordwick from "Well-Oiled Machines".
Rear window has the Double-D window and the side and rear glasses have the "classy" (old school) window sketching.
Has two toned custom button-tucked and pleated leather interior with the lowered head rest (designed and installed by King's Upholstery who are famous for their street and hot rod designs).
Has the Custom front bra and hood cover. Also included is the vehicle car cover to keep it covered while in garage. Cover will "breathe" and not sweat while on vehicle.
All power with heated seats and mirrors, trac control and wood grain interior components. Lot's of chrome goodies on the dash and automatic shifter and also console.
Has the "extra" button tucked and pleated rear panel shelf and also the rear compartment is equipted with DVD/VHS and a flat screen TV with remote. Has the RT66 theme with custom designed rear hatch and Tear-drop LED tailights. Has the graphics "Get your kicks on Rt66" on the Chrysler rocker panels which is also painted with the color- changing Cobra Mystic Paint.
Has a lot of chrome under the hood with 2 different air-brushed scenes to fit into the space that your heat shield would be and also custom designed Rt66 strut bar with engraved "66" shield and chrome strut hood bars. One scene is the RT66 Shield with a Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe (my bike) on a black & white checked floor. The other scene is of an Old Diner with hot rods and motorcycles sitting round the building as they did in the 60's.
The wheels are 17"x7" Kragar SS's with SPINNERS ,they are so cool as there were only 600 sets of the Cragars for PT's made.
Has the "show" and original floor mats and also has a gauge pod, and dash cover.
All paint and graphic work are "painted and designed" with the Cobra Mystic paint, not trim tape.
Has strobed lights in rear back-up lights, front head lights, windshield wiper nozzles and also under-body neons with toggles mounted into glove compartment for easy access.
This car placed 1st or Best in Show at every event except for one, that it entered.
Car still has the "new" car smell inside and has always been garaged and NEVER smoked in.
This is a real Retro Beauty. Check it out on the RTTB8 web site where it placed one of the top five.
Beautiful car in EXCELLENT condition and only 16K Price $13,500.00
Old 09 Jun 2009, 11:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 Pearl Almond Limited Pt "Custom Route 66 " Edition

Sounds like a real beauty. Nothing sells a car better than a good picture. I think your a little over-priced though as PT prices (especially older PTs) have dropped considerably and no matter what modifications you have, they are only attractive to a very limited amount of buyers. Good luck with your sale.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Jun 2009, 11:58 am
Young Cruiser

Yes, I understand that the price's have dropped....so what would you consider a reasonable price? This is an "one of a kind" car.

Thanks in advance
Old 09 Jun 2009, 12:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry, it may be one of of kind to you, but a Google search brings up a few of the same Route 66 cars for sale. Modifications and add-ons are only worth something if the next buyer wants them and likes them. Keep your price and see how you do. The market is really depressed to advertise as much as you can afford. The more people see it the more chance you have to sell it and as I said a picture helps to sell it.

One more question: I thought Chrysler made all their "Route 66" special editions in yellow?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 09 Jun 2009 at 12:41 pm.
Old 09 Jun 2009, 12:53 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Yep, when you modify a car you can never count on getting back the money you have invested. PT prices are down so good luck. Sounds like a really nice PT.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 09 Jun 2009, 06:50 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Sorry, it may be one of of kind to you, but a Google search brings up a few of the same Route 66 cars for sale. Modifications and add-ons are only worth something if the next buyer wants them and likes them. Keep your price and see how you do. The market is really depressed to advertise as much as you can afford. The more people see it the more chance you have to sell it and as I said a picture helps to sell it.

One more question: I thought Chrysler made all their "Route 66" special editions in yellow?
Yes..the Route 66 edition is in yellow..BUT....I bought the car in 2002 and started my own version in 2003 BEFORE the Chrysler RT66 came into production...so therefore it is unique. Thanks for your input..I can't really recoup all the $$$ for the mods, for instance the paint was $96 an ounce...OUCH!!
Old 09 Jun 2009, 07:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt66pt View Post
for instance the paint was $96 an ounce...OUCH!!

Yep, I know all about that. My Dupont Chameleon flames took 8 oz of that stuff. Thankfully, I got it at a discount.

Sure would like to see a picture of yours.

Old 10 Jun 2009, 01:08 am
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: 2002 Pearl Almond Limited Pt "Custom Route 66 " Edition

Yeah we'd LOVE to see some pics!! I personally wanna see those spinners! You're the 2nd I've heard of so far!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 07:00 am
Fanatic Cruiser

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 10 Jun 2009, 11:14 am
Young Cruiser

I am in the process of getting pics together on car....will do so ASAP.