Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
FS: Rear Hatch Handle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2009, 06:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default FS: Rear Hatch Handle / Emblem

I have a rear hatch Chrysler wings badge and inferno red handle I'd like to sell (can use your existing handle with new emblem if you'd like). Purchased on ebay as replacement for our 2005 cruiser (bad pressure switch). Turns out the seller severed one wire, probably when he removed it from the car. Anyway, I took the whole thing apart and busted up the switch even more trying to repair the connection. Ended up using a switch I bought at Radio Shack - hatch works perfectly now. I bought an extra switch, and would be happy to put it in this handle for someone.

There are some pictures and the story here:
Reasons Why Mopar is King: 2005 PT Cruiser

Sorry for the lengthy description. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

-Devon

Last edited by linkinparker445; 24 Aug 2009 at 05:00 pm.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 12:47 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: FS: Rear Hatch Handle

Just wondering ,are you Linkinpark fans or what? if so theres a vidio out there somewhere of me painting Chesters PT with chrome Metalflake ( old school style ).YOU TUBE pteazer vidio called true colors. Allso theres a skull and crossbones on the cowl induction hood,and in the headrests.Good luck ,Ray from Pteazer.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 04:07 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: FS: Rear Hatch Handle

Hey Ray,

Here is that Vid on Chester's Ride. This is still one of my fav episodes of Teazer TV as I am always a sucker for Old School Kandy Paint and Metal Flake!

I know what it took to pull off a paint job like this, and boy, I can tell ya it ain't an easy task by a loooong shot!

And then to pull renowned artist "RYNO" in to work some of his air brush magic just killed it! For those of you who might not know of Ryno, he was, and still is as far as I know, the Painter for the world famous Chrome Shop Mafia out of Joplin MS, , and did all of the Trucks for the CMT Show "Trick My Truck", as well as many other extremely cool high profile projects! Cool Guy, and awesome Artist!

Its really a shame how all that work and effort ended up! Man, what a waste!

Anyways, sorry I kinda momentarily took over your Post for a moment their linkinparker445. I just have a sweet spot for custom paint. I think I have House of Kolor Candy Paint running in my veins!

You Guys go easy, and I'll catch ya later.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 26 Aug 2009 at 04:10 am.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 05:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

No problems. Didn't Chester's Cruiser end up for sale on eBay? Anyone know what happened to it after it was sold?
Old 27 Aug 2009, 05:39 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: FS: Rear Hatch Handle

Hey Linkinparker445,

Yeah, it was up for auction for a while by a Dealership off a trade in I assume, but I lost track of it after that. Here is a link to where I had posted it on here way back when including pics of what it looked like before it disappeared into obscurity.

Chester Bennington from LINKIN PARK's PT On Ebay:

Go ease,

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 27 Aug 2009, 10:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

HEY Candyman thanks again for helping me out with the vidio posting. and for linkinpark445 I would love to know where it is now, and the reason he had to paint over it was that he couldnt drive it without someone trying to follow him home.It was getting crazy, I dont feel bad for doing the chrome metalflake but it was very dangerous in the sun as the reflection was blinding to other drivers. I just wish he would have let me paint the black as whoever did it did a real poor job .He said he didnt want to hurt my feelings by painting over such an expensive paint job so he went somewhere else.I was more hurt that he didnt bring it back at least it wouldnt have swerls all over it.I know its not every ones cup of tea but when someone has a vision I give them what they ask for .and that was exactly what he wanted as he was seeing too many old people with flames and he wanted to do something completly outragous.The thing I LOVED is that with all the money and fame he has he chose a pt to drive SWEET!!! Ray from Pteazer.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 08:05 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: FS: Rear Hatch Handle / Emblem

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinparker445 View Post
I have a rear hatch Chrysler wings badge and inferno red handle I'd like to sell (can use your existing handle with new emblem if you'd like). Purchased on ebay as replacement for our 2005 cruiser (bad pressure switch). Turns out the seller severed one wire, probably when he removed it from the car. Anyway, I took the whole thing apart and busted up the switch even more trying to repair the connection. Ended up using a switch I bought at Radio Shack - hatch works perfectly now. I bought an extra switch, and would be happy to put it in this handle for someone.

Sorry for the lengthy description. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

-Devon
On that aux plug you installed, where do the wires go from the plug? I need one for my satellite radio to plug into ... Don't really see why it would need an on off switch .. ?? Unless it interupts the radio even if the satellite radio is not on ...??
Old 30 Aug 2009, 08:52 am
Regular Cruiser

The switch turns on the broadcaster; it just has left and right RCA inputs. You can plug anything into it with RCA outs, but I have the aux in running to it. The thing works by flipping the switch to turn on the box (which was spliced into battery and ground of the factory radio), then you tune to the box's radio preset and you're listening to your input with no static. The box interrupts the radio signal when it's on so you can only listen to the input.
Old 03 Sep 2012, 05:48 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinparker445 View Post

-Devon
I have been looking for a solution to this very problem for MONTHS! I have read on other threads where you bypassed the pressure switch. *having very little knowledge of wiring, I assumed it was harder work than it is.* The pictures on the above link made things very clear. I will be doing this very modification to my car very shortly. Thanks for the idea. If this works, I am not even going to bother trying to continue to locate another pressure switch assembly. I will just keep the push button! This is great

Last edited by Jtwheels2007; 03 Sep 2012 at 03:01 pm.
Old 03 Sep 2012, 03:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtwheels2007 View Post
I have been looking for a solution to this very problem for MONTHS! I have read on other threads where you bypassed the pressure switch. *having very little knowledge of wiring, I assumed it was harder work than it is.* The pictures on the above link made things very clear. I will be doing this very modification to my car very shortly. Thanks for the idea. If this works, I am not even going to bother trying to continue to locate another pressure switch assembly. I will just keep the push button! This is great
How easy is it to remove the touchpad part of the whole assembly so it does not get in the way?