Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Shock tower strut brace on eBay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Feb 2012, 01:10 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Shock tower strut brace on eBay

Occasionally someone here is looking for a strut brace. I do not have any connection to this offering that I saw on eBay and think that it is too expensive.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

The picture is of the eBay purchased strut brace that I installed not long ago ($77).

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 09 Nov 2016 at 09:58 am.
Old 14 May 2012, 10:09 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Shock tower strut brace on eBay

Another eBay listing for a strut tower brace- see new edited link in the quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
Occasionally someone here is looking for a strut brace. I do not have any connection to this offering that I saw on eBay and think that it is too expensive.

STRUT BAR PT CRUISER FRONT 67204 | eBay

The picture is of the eBay purchased strut brace that I installed not long ago ($77).
Old 15 May 2012, 05:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
Another eBay listing for a strut tower brace- see new edited link in the quote below.
I just won that one. It had part #67204 which comes back as manufactured by Freedom Design. Won it for $20.50 + $42 shipping, so $62.50 delivered... not too bad I guess since the 1st one mentioned was $80 but didn't specify shipping costs.

CarDomain Page
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/392318...sport-wagon-4d
Old 16 May 2012, 09:03 pm
Young Cruiser

OK, the strut bar I won off eBay the guy left me a message that they don't have any and it was an error in the listing. He said to look on their site they have lots more car parts. I'm pretty pissed!

CarDomain Page
Old 16 May 2012, 10:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Wow. What BS. The listing sounded like it was a leftover item that was never used, not from a distributor. I hope you leave them negative feedback and file a complaint w/ eBay. It's not criminal because you're probably getting your money back, but this is crazy. I got the other one that was listed on eBay and paid a reasonable price. I'll be installing over the holiday weekend.

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.
Old 16 May 2012, 10:58 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by compdr59 View Post
Wow. What BS. The listing sounded like it was a leftover item that was never used, not from a distributor. I hope you leave them negative feedback and file a complaint w/ eBay. It's not criminal because you're probably getting your money back, but this is crazy. I got the other one that was listed on eBay and paid a reasonable price. I'll be installing over the holiday weekend.
Yeah, I'm sure I'll get my money back but I am very disappointed. I normally don't like to leave negative feedback but I sure am thinking about it pretty hard. Glad you were able to scoop one up!

CarDomain Page
Old 17 May 2012, 11:29 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcruiser View Post
Yeah, I'm sure I'll get my money back but I am very disappointed. I normally don't like to leave negative feedback but I sure am thinking about it pretty hard. Glad you were able to scoop one up!
I feel your pain, I guess it is ok for the seller to back out of a contract. Leave the feedback he has earned it helps others in the future. I also hate to leave negatives but lately I've been having more and more problems with sellers on ebay. Either they are selling bootleg or the description does not match the actual item or plain inferior quality. The only way they will even consider doing the right thing is when you file a claim. I make then pay for return shipping. Unfortunately it is getting worse.
Old 17 May 2012, 04:47 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie53 View Post
I feel your pain, I guess it is ok for the seller to back out of a contract. Leave the feedback he has earned it helps others in the future. I also hate to leave negatives but lately I've been having more and more problems with sellers on ebay. Either they are selling bootleg or the description does not match the actual item or plain inferior quality. The only way they will even consider doing the right thing is when you file a claim. I make then pay for return shipping. Unfortunately it is getting worse.
This morning I played dumb and messaged him "through eBay" asking when my item might ship as I didn't see a tracking # yet... it's 5:30pm and still no reply.

CarDomain Page
Old 17 May 2012, 04:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcruiser View Post
Im not even sure you can Leave Negitive feedback any more they have change so many things
Old 17 May 2012, 04:55 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
Im not even sure you can Leave Negitive feedback any more they have change so many things
yeah i wouldn't doubt it

CarDomain Page