Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
06+ Custom Car PC Dash Bezel w/ 8" Touchscreen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2012, 09:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 06+ Custom Car PC Dash Bezel w/ 8" Touchscreen

I made this bezel when I had my car PC installed, and just recently traded the car in, so I no longer need it.

Here's the thread on mp3car.com showing the build process and final result.

And so it continues... 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition

This install was featured as one of the most OEM (factory look) looking installs on mp3car.com here.

Pics:

Details:

As you can see in the build thread, there was quite a bit of work for this bezel, and I used ABS cement rather than fiberglass or epoxy which provides a durable, long lasting bond. You won't see temperature cracks in this set-up.

This set-up fits any '06 or newer PT Cruiser. Please note that the analog clock is no longer present on this set-up, and the switches are placed higher up to fit the screen.

The bezel includes:

Brand New 8" Dynamix 816 Touchscreen Monitor (this will be purchased and sent directly to you from Dynamix Computers.)
Customized Dash buttons with USB and SD ports
Used (non-working) Dynamix 816 Monitor - this one had reverse voltage applied to it, and fried the inverter, also the touchpanel was not working, so this can be used as spare parts for the new monitor if needed.

Pricing:

I'm looking for $450 with the new screen or $200 without the new screen.
Shipping (up to $20) will be included in this price, but if you want it expedited or shipping cost over $20 to your location, will be extra.
If you would like to make an offer or have any questions about the bezel, please either send me a PM or just email me: jcautodesign (at) live (dot) com.

Thanks!

2007 Touring Edition - Marine Blue Pearl
Old 16 Apr 2012, 12:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 06+ Custom Car PC Dash Bezel w/ 8" Touchscreen

NICE JOB! Too bad it's for the newer PT's I would snap it up in a sec.. I am sure it will go quick
Old 16 Apr 2012, 04:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

This unit looks like a factory OEM, to bad it's a monitor only. Would have bought it already if it was a complete DVD,CD,GPS, & radio unit. Doesn't make a lot of sence to have to install another head unit somewhere else to have audio in car.

I reviewed the build process on the MP3 form and the builder/designer put a lot of time and effort to get a great looking bezel. "GREAT JOB"

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi
Old 16 Apr 2012, 08:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiszr View Post
This unit looks like a factory OEM, to bad it's a monitor only. Would have bought it already if it was a complete DVD,CD,GPS, & radio unit. Doesn't make a lot of sence to have to install another head unit somewhere else to have audio in car.
I've seen plenty of set-ups where the Computer controlled the audio with a simple amp set-up. I've also seen some people put the radio in the glove box so they still have the FM station RDS info or satellite info on the gauge display. I chose the seperate head unit so I could have music if I didn't have the laptop in the car, but the OEM radio in the glove box would have acheived the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiszr View Post
I reviewed the build process on the MP3 form and the builder/designer put a lot of time and effort to get a great looking bezel. "GREAT JOB"
Thanks, it was some hard work, mostly smoothing out the piece and creating the beveled edges. I measured for a long time before cutting to make sure that everything would fit before cutting anything. So yes, a lot of planning and a lot of work went into it, and honestly, the price may be low for the amount of work in it, but I don't have the PT anymore, so I want to sell this bezel.

This definitely isn't for the average PT driver, someone would need to understand the pro's and con's of having a Car PC to enjoy this set up. If I don't get much response, I might modify it to standard double-din size so that someone can get a normal aftermarket NAV set-up in the car.

2007 Touring Edition - Marine Blue Pearl