Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
LED from a website in Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 May 2012, 03:46 pm
Young Cruiser

Default LED from a website in Canada

Hello guys!i was looking to buy LED but im not sure if these ones i found are compatible with my PT cruiser 2001.Please let me know.thank you

Car Electronics : 10x white T10 194 168 LED lights
Old 03 May 2012, 07:56 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: LED from a website in Canada

Hello, I'm not sure if they are compatible, yet. Where are you thinking of using them? I brought some form ebay for another car with T10 sockets for license plate illumination. LED's Worked fine, but the LED type output was very low compared to the standard filament type bulbs. Good luck.
Ebay has really good prices see link:
led t10 | eBay
Old 05 May 2012, 07:04 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie53 View Post
Hello, I'm not sure if they are compatible, yet. Where are you thinking of using them? I brought some form ebay for another car with T10 sockets for license plate illumination. LED's Worked fine, but the LED type output was very low compared to the standard filament type bulbs. Good luck.
Ebay has really good prices see link:
led t10 | eBay
Hello!First i want to know if they are comlatible!If yes i want to replace the interior dome map light and the license plate!You think these LEDs are compatible?I check Ebay and yes the prices!Maybe im gonna buy them from Ebay.the only thing is that i dont trust so much products from China!
Old 05 May 2012, 08:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Hi,
I'll try and check tomorrow and post the results. I'll do both the dome light and the license plate. I agree that most products our of China are suspect but, the Canadian's source probably comes from ...................... China! Only difference is that you can get them cheaper. I've already used LED T10 sockets bulbs on my 97' Z3 but did not like the "bluish" color and they were not as bright as the standard filament type bulbs. I actually got led type bulbs for all the lights: turn signal, brake and reverse. The problem with using them for the other lights is that they draw very little power that the sensors for the sockets think that they are burnt out and will blink too rapidly. If you decide to use fr the other areas as mentioned you should buy the lights with built in resistors so the sensors don't think the bulbs are burnt out. Or you can use the LED without built in resistors and build a circuit. Check on line for how to build a circuit for this purpose. Good luck and I'll post tomorrow.
Old 06 May 2012, 10:16 am
Young Cruiser

Hi again, everything worked find. The license plate and dome light light worked with no ill effects, except the output was a lot less than the originals.

Good news is that the license plate T10 socket was being charred by the high output of the originals and I'm glad I switched out to a LED. Maybe Ill look for a multiple SMD LED with a T10 type for the license plate. I'll measure the room of the room and stuff the biggest multiple light unit I can find.
Link:
White SMD led t10 | eBay

My dome light was a festoon type not a t10 type socket. I did have several 42mm 8 LED bulbs, but was not impressed with the output so I'm searching for the multiple SMD type. Note that some of these LED type lights are sensitive to polarity so check to see that they are operational before reinstalling. If it does not light up just flip the bulb.

One final word on this if you are particular of the color white versus blue buy only if they have an actual photo of the working light for sale. I've already have 20 of the so called white only to have them illuminate as bluish.

I'm not by any means a expert on this, but I'm just giving my limited experience with respect to this. Let me know what you uncover.
Good luck.

Last edited by herbie53; 06 May 2012 at 10:25 am. Reason: update
Old 06 May 2012, 05:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Hello!First thank yo uso much for your help!really you helped me a lot understanding some things for LEDs cause i know nothing
Maybe you are right about the Ebay!I will send a message to this website and ask them from where they iport the LEDs cause i heard that people used LED from China burn so fast maybe after some weeks!So i prefer to pay more but to have them for some years!Anyways tomorrow as i said im gonna ask the website and i will decide if i buy them or no.
Last question : I check and the overhead console has bulbs like cylinders!we call them festoon,so like that i can ask at Canadian Tire if they have!Thanks again so much and sorry for my English
Dimitris