PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
NEW! Billet Aluminum Underhood Light!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rockford98

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2012, 03:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default NEW! Billet Aluminum Underhood Light!

Hello, I manufacture a really cool product. I'm introducing my new XB Billet Aluminum Underhood Light for Chrysler vehicles. My first model was a big hit with the Jeep Wrangler folks. I sold 100 units on eBay. The XB model is very compact (3-1/4" x 2-1/4"), and is 25% brighter! This unit is 12V powered, and has 24 Super Bright 5050 LED lights in a "warm white" color.
There is an internal 30 degree mercury tilt switch for automatic "lights on", as well as an external rocker switch (for hoods up - no light). The case is made of solid billet aluminum, and clear anodized for durability.
Installation is easy: there are 2 vertical & 2 horizontal holes for mounting.
All assembly & testing is done in the United States for quality assurance.
Best of all, it's very reasonable. The model XB sells for $36.50 + $2.67 shipping to all US destinations. A color photo of the model XB light can be seen by dropping me a note at: brighterlite@mail.com. I'll email you a photo.
We expect shipping will begin in the 3rd week of July...so be patient while we assemble & test this great product for you! Dale Crosby, BrighterLite Ind.
P.S. Just so you know, I have a 100% eBay Feedback rating on over 1300 transactions.
ROCKETMAN8060 likes this.
Old 02 Jul 2012, 05:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: NEW! Billet Aluminum Underhood Light!

Here's a picture of the Underhood light.

Old 02 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm definitely considering that. Just have to figure out where to mount it.
Old 03 Jul 2012, 06:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Here's instructions:

Installation Instructions
Note: This unit will only function properly when the top of the light faces “up” as the hood/trunk lid is raised (at least 30 degrees from parallel to the ground). The internal tilt switch activates the current when the light has tilted upwards a minimum of 30 degrees. The LEDs are very bright, so avoid looking directly into the light path if possible.
1. The light case can be secured to the hood/trunk bracing with 2 screws through either of the horizontal or vertical mounting holes. After installation, and the hood or trunk lid is closed, the light face should be roughly parallel with the ground.
2. The red wire should be attached to any 12V supply, and the black wire should be attached to a metal ground.
3. There is a black rocker switch on the side of the case which will allow the light to be turned off (if desired) when the hood/trunk lid is in the raised position (daytime car show, etc.).
4. To install the light on the firewall, the top of the light must face “up”. In this position, the internal tilt switch will allow current to flow to the LEDs, and the light will always be in the “on” position unless the rocker switch has manually been turned off.