Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Red MGP Caliper Covers-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 2012, 02:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

Cool Red MGP Caliper Covers-

Because I have PTeazer Fender Skirts now, I only Installed my MGP Caliper Covers on the Front Brakes, with my NEW Larger Calipers, Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Pads and WOW, do they ever look AMAZING, Painted Calipers ALWAYS look like CRAP, but these, although EXPENSIVE, look just GREAT, not to mention, they help keep your Brakes Cooler and stop the Brake Dust, not that my Ceramic Pads are making any Dust though, lol; however, I only have the REAR Set For Sale here, but they've NEVER been Installed and honestly, if you still have the Stock Calipers, these may actually Fit over the Factory Front Calipers well, they are large enough, but I dunno, even if you only have them Installed on the Rear Brakes, they'll still look GREAT, especially if you have the BIG Brake Upgrade in the Front...

These are BOLT-ON if you've never seen them before, Made in the USA of Aluminum and Powder Coated RED with MGP in Silver on them and I want $80.00 SHIPPED for them, because the Set is around $200.00 from MGP, MORE if you want them Engraved or something, so Contact me if Interested!!!

James C. Gockel
Old 14 Sep 2012, 03:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Red MGP Caliper Covers-

interesting......how about some pics of these?
Old 14 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Cool Re: Red MGP Caliper Covers-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDaytona View Post
interesting......how about some pics of these?

Sorry, forgot the Pictures, my Dad Passed Away recently, so I haven't been thinking too straight, not to mention, I've had A LOT of Customer Cars to Work on lately and now my Neighbor Kelly tells me that her Van needs Brake Lines, so I haven't had much Time for Pics you know, Heck, even at the Car Shows I Attended this Summer, I was Working on other People's Cruiser's, instead of my own.

It's too Dark for Pictures right now, but I'll try and Post some Tomorrow.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 05:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

sorry to hear about your dad.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 11:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

What happen to the pictures?

Also I hope you have Prof of the claim that a cover going over a caliper will help make the brakes run cooler. I think a few of us would rather claims of that sort not be expressed without some Data to back it up. This kind of advertising might mislead some which using these caliper covers actually decrease there braking efficiency by holding heat in?

Sorry to hear about your loss with your father.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 16 Sep 2012, 01:08 am
Regular Cruiser

Unhappy Re: Red MGP Caliper Covers-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDaytona View Post
sorry to hear about your dad.

Thank you, it was not his time, there was no reason for my Dad to have Died, I am not taking his Death well at all, but at least he went Peacefully in his Sleep.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 01:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Red MGP Caliper Covers-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
What happen to the pictures?

Also I hope you have Prof of the claim that a cover going over a caliper will help make the brakes run cooler. I think a few of us would rather claims of that sort not be expressed without some Data to back it up. This kind of advertising might mislead some which using these caliper covers actually decrease there braking efficiency by holding heat in?

Sorry to hear about your loss with your father.

Thank you and as I said above, I am not taking my Dad's Death well at all.

I was Busy Working on my Fender Skirts and forgot about the Pictures and also, the Information I Posted is from MGP, I did not Make these, so I can't say for sure and haven't had them long enough to Test them myself; however, there are MANY Videos of these on YouTube and I know MGP Made a Video Testing these Covers to show the Reduced Heat, which you can Watch yourself, not to mention, they were at SEMA, were at a Car Show I Attended this Summer (where I got mine) and I know SEVERAL SRT-4 Owners who SWEAR by these (where I first heard about them), not to mention, I am an ASE Certified Mechanic, my Cruiser is a Convertible (so it's Heavier then yours), my Turbo Motor is VERY HEAVILY Modified and I Trusted these Covers enough to Install them with my NEW, EXPENSIVE Brakes...

I may not be well known here, but myself and my Cruiser are in the World of PT Cruiser's, so believe me Friend, I am not gonna Sell something here for PT's, that I do not Trust myself!!! Sorry for the long Reply at this Time here (2:42am), but I wanted you to know that I am an Honest Person and all!!!

BTW, did you Buy your Shifter off ebay????? I have a Custom Made Knob, which I've had for YEARS and I LOVE, but it has a DAMN Button, lol, so I want one that I only have to Push Down on, especially if I can get my Friend Ricky to Make me a Skull Knob for it!!!
Old 16 Sep 2012, 03:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

Cool Re: Red MGP Caliper Covers-

Here are the Pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2146.jpg (95.2 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2147.jpg (95.4 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2148.jpg (94.2 KB, 67 views)
Old 17 Oct 2012, 11:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Exclamation Re: Red MGP Caliper Covers-

OK, so I still have these, Buyer backed out I guess, because he was supposed to Paypal me, said he was excited and going to send me a Paypal Payment, but never did and I can't get a hold of him, so they are back up here For Sale and I'd really like to Sell them this Week, because when I Arrived in Michigan for the HELL Cruise, my Stock Fog Light Switch finally Failed, so I had to pull the Fuse at the Show and not only do I no longer have Fogs, but being that the Multi-Function Switch is 7 Years old, well, it was bound to Fail soon and due to be changed anyway, so I'm gonna use the Money I get for these to Buy a New Switch off ebay and I want Paypal of course, THANKS A LOT!!!
Old 18 Oct 2012, 08:26 am
Fanatic Cruiser

[
These are BOLT-ON if you've never seen them before, Made in the USA of Aluminum and Powder Coated RED with MGP in Silver on them and I want $80.00 SHIPPED for them, because the Set is around $200.00 from MGP, MORE if you want them Engraved or something, so Contact me if Interested!!!

James C. Gockel[/QUOTE]

Found these to be a nice looking mod so I decided to try and find out a little more about MGP covers. To my surprize, I found a complete set (front & back) advertised for $179 new with FREE SHIPPNG.

Here is the auction:MGP Red Aluminum Brake Caliper Covers Neon SRT 4 03 05 PT Cruiser Turbo 03 09 | eBay

This may be why the guy backed out on the deal for rear set for $80 . Just saying......................................

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi