PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
***Parting out 2002 Pt 2.4, auto, Red

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Nov 2012, 12:22 pm
Banned

Default ***Parting out 2002 Pt 2.4, auto, Red

Hey guys, new here but recently bought me a PT and an extra parts car so I am going to try and part some of it out to help pay for my paint job on my 01...

The parts car is an 02, w/ a 2.4 and an automatic trans. Here's what I can tell you about the car: about 180,000 miles. I bought it from a local, long time shop who had ownership of the car after it was towed in. The car, he said, had a blown head gasket between 2 cylinders. He said it wasn't over heated but now did not have enough compression to start it. I do not know how exactly to confirm this but I have cranked the engine over and it doesn't make any crazy sounds or anything... just cranks and cranks and never starts. The fluids are not mixed at all either which was enough for me to go by. He also stated that 40,000 miles prior to this happening he sent the trans out for a rebuild. The fluid looks and smells brand new and I do believe him so I think I may keep the trans for me just in case but if there's a good offer for it I may have to take it so I can finish mine (impatient, lol). The wheel and tires are not present either. The body is red and very nice... The only other thing I think i'll need is the sunroof assembly as mine pops off track and stops me from closing it. The seats look brand new and everything is very nice. I would like to sell some parts locally but I can also ship if needed... This is not a business transaction, it is personal, but for purposes of refernces please check me out on ebay where I part out motorcycles. I have done so for quite some time and have good feedback. Here's my ebay: junking4munchkins's profile
I can accept Paypal, cash in person and postal Money orders and I can ship via either USPS or UPS. O, I am not great at body work either so I think I'll keep the driver's fender from the parts car as well since I cannot get it perfect on mine.

I know I'm supossed to post prices but it's kind of hard as I'm will to work good deals on multiple items and what not but if you're buying one item maybe we'll look at completed listing on ebay to establish a used value and then knock off like 20-25%... If that sounds fair???

Let me know what you guys think... you can also call or text me at 304-279-2283
Thanks
John

I can get pics of interior later if need but it is cloth and grey and the seats look brand spanking new!

Thanks for having me guys!
Old 03 Nov 2012, 08:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: ***Parting out 2002 Pt 2.4, auto, Red

Finder liners. If they are in good shape.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 03 Nov 2012, 08:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

How much for the rear spoiler shipped to Mustang, Oklahoma 73064
Old 04 Nov 2012, 08:31 am
Banned

I'll have those prices this afternoon fellas... Thanks for the interest.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 09:30 am
Young Cruiser

Hello,
I've upgraded my base 2008 PT's manual mirrors with powered/heated/"manual" folding side view mirrors, I just installed and ran the wiring. Now I need all the body harness connectors. Took the door card off and no prexisting wiring. I believe there would be three:
Left mirror are form a 2001 PT
Right mirror are form a 2001 PT
Power mirror switch are form a 2001 PT
Would you have these? Leave a good amount of wire for splicing when cutting. If so please state terms for 06810. Thanx's in advance
Old 04 Nov 2012, 10:03 am
Senior Cruiser

Drivers side A pillar cover (interior)
I can pick up

thnx
kb
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 04 Nov 2012, 10:27 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie53 View Post
Hello,
I've upgraded my base 2008 PT's manual mirrors with powered/heated/"manual" folding side view mirrors, I just installed and ran the wiring. Now I need all the body harness connectors. Took the door card off and no prexisting wiring. I believe there would be three:
Left mirror are form a 2001 PT
Right mirror are form a 2001 PT
Power mirror switch are form a 2001 PT
Would you have these? Leave a good amount of wire for splicing when cutting. If so please state terms for 06810. Thanx's in advance
I just want to be clear...you have the mirrors and the switches and the harness that is attached to the mirrors... you're asking for the pigtail portions that come into the door from the wiring harness with enough wire to splice it all in and also the plug that would plug into the switches in the door?
Old 04 Nov 2012, 10:29 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurPTGT View Post
Drivers side A pillar cover (interior)
I can pick up

thnx
kb
you can come on out and pick it up for $15... sound good? I'll pull it because I want to be careful with the headliner because it's perfect.
Old 04 Nov 2012, 10:42 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Finder liners. If they are in good shape.
They're nice... $15 for the pair... If you want them shipped I will have to get them off and boxed up first. I know the weight will be nothing but the size of the box may make the price more than I would expect. Or you can pick them up...
Old 04 Nov 2012, 10:47 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Dockrey View Post
How much for the rear spoiler shipped to Mustang, Oklahoma 73064
How's $65 shipped to your door UPS?