PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
FS: K+N FIPK 57-1531 for Turbo Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2013, 04:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default FS: K+N FIPK 57-1531 for Turbo Models

First time poster but long time lurker!

For sale here is a K+N FIPK 57-1531 Cold Air Induction kit. Bought just a month ago and removed immediately after fitment as my wife and I decided to take our show cruiser in another direction intake wise. My loss is your gain! These easily sell for around $300 plus shipping so save big! The sale comes complete with instructions, filter, heat shield, all hardware and well, everything that should come with the kit! I ship right away and in carefully packed boxes to ensure your purchase arrives right!

SOLD!

Our 57 Series Gen II Air Intake Kits (FIPK's) are built for many different vehicles and represent a dramatic improvement over a K&N O/E replacement filter alone; they use only non-metallic rotationally molded tubes that can reduce air temperature and decrease intake sound over a metal tube. Restriction can exist BETWEEN an air filter and the engine reducing the benefit of a K&N Air Filter. The weakest link in the airflow “chain” robs a vehicle of its natural horsepower. Often that weak point is the factory air path leading to the Engine. K&N Air Intake Kits virtually eliminate air path restriction by replacing the air filter and the entire air path to the engine. The aerodynamically engineered tube drives a massive amount of air into an engine, which translates into POWER.

K&N 57 Series kits are truly state-of-the-art. We start with the largest conical shaped high-flow air filter we can fit into the engine compartment while using factory holes and mounting points. This extra filter size provides even more airflow at lower restriction than a standard K&N O/E replacement filter that is limited to the size of the factory air box. The oversized air filter also captures and holds more dirt increasing the service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles). When possible, the filter is isolated from high engine temperature by a heat shield designed to lower the temperature of the air entering the engine, which increases horsepower. Next we attach the filter to a rotationally molded tube made from interlaced High Density Polyethylene (HDPE). This process allows us to precisely shape the tube to reduce turbulence and accelerate airflow into the engine. This is why some of our tubes have unique shapes that are specifically engineered for each application. Finally the tube is connected to the engine with adapters made from high strength materials such as silicon and reinforced nylon and ensures long life. Put all this together and you have the best high-flow intake system available today.

Part 57-1531 Product Specifications
Product Style: 57 Series FIPK
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 12 HP @ 5086 RPM
Replacement Filter: RP-4660
Street Legal In All US States: Yes
TUV Approved (Europe): No
Clamp Style: Regular
Type: Gen II
Intake Pipe Color / Finish: Black
Weight: 7.8 lb (3.5 kg)
Product Box Length: 20.25 in (514 mm)
Product Box Width: 12.25 in (311 mm)
Product Box Height: 12.25 in (311 mm)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-140.jpg (96.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg photo-141.jpg (96.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg photo-142.jpg (96.6 KB, 21 views)

2006 PT GT Wagon

Last edited by ironchef2009; 10 Feb 2013 at 04:43 pm.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 10:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: FS: K+N FIPK 57-1531 for Turbo Models

I have it on mine and love it.
You can hear the intake after install, and it cured a throttle lag I didn't even know I had until it was gone!
I can't prove it helps gas mileage, but I am getting a hair over 25 MPG OVERALL, so it certainly can't hurt.....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Feb 2013, 08:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Bump to the top! Make me an offer!

2006 PT GT Wagon
Old 10 Feb 2013, 11:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to fortknox82 Send a message via Yahoo to fortknox82 Send a message via Skype™ to fortknox82

Are you on any other forums where you have been on for a while and have good feedback? Or maybe even eBay where I could contact you under whatever username to verify identity and feedback. I have gotten burned a couple times by fresh sellers. Let me know what you can do as I am very interested.
1991 Dodge Spirit R/T
Old 10 Feb 2013, 04:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I totally understand your stance. I'm on EBay with a 100% positive rating as:

mikebuononato

Please note however that this just sold on Friday. Sorry!

2006 PT GT Wagon