Advertisements
Free 2003 PT Cruiser

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jan 2013, 08:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Free 2003 PT Cruiser

Hi Guys,

TL;DR: 2003 Cruiser looking to have someone adopt her - just need to pick her up. Comes with spare parts including general stuff like rotors/pads as well as a factory aftermarket fog light wiring kit, hitch receiver/hitch stuff and other items I can't quite remember. Oh, and she has an almost brand new set of super nice tires. Probably relevant, she is located in SC, currently hanging out in my garage.

Long Story: I have a 2003 PT Cruiser (base model) that I have owned since new. About a year ago, one of the clutch system components went (never got around to troubleshooting fully, either hydraulic or clutch disc issue) and because I am very very slow when it comes to working on cars, I ended up getting a new car with the intent of getting back to Miss PT "soon". Well, as to be expected, soon never properly came and now I am getting ready to move and don't have time.

While sitting for a year, she has decided she doesn't want to start, however I have tested for fuel and spark and she has both so I suspect it is probably just a matter of sweet-talking attention she needs. She has had all maintenance (timing belt, etc.) over the course of her life and even has a new heater core! (at 50k, it was a blast to change out...).

Anyhow, long, long story short, I really just want her to go to a good home (or at least somewhere she can be useful) because it pains me to send her off to a junkyard when all she really needs is about 5 or so hours of work. I don't have her mileage handy, but I believe it is around 110k and if someone really needs a more exact number I can mosey on out to the garage.

If nobody is looking to adopt a lonely little Cruiser, I will just donate her to Habitat for Humanity, but knowing how car enthusiast groups work, I suspect she would ultimately be more useful to a fellow Cruiser owner. I may be totally off base here as to the Cruiser enthusiast dynamic and if that is the case I apologize for the long winded plea.

Thanks in advance and Happy Driving!
Old 29 Jan 2013, 09:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Free 2003 PT Cruiser

Would take it in a hart beat if I was a little closer. Can't imagine not finding a taker. Nice gesture.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Jan 2013, 09:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Would take it in a hart beat if I was a little closer. Can't imagine not finding a taker. Nice gesture.
I am glad to hear there is at least a chance she won't find herself rusting out in a junkyard.

(RUST!...what nightmares are made of.......)

This probably doesn't apply to you since it doesn't sound as though you live close by, but it just occurred to me that my "deluxe" AAA membership should allow for towing her from my garage to to anyone within 100 miles of Columbia, SC.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 09:45 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: Free 2003 PT Cruiser

Donate the car

Kars4Kids Car Donation
Old 29 Jan 2013, 10:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Donate the car

Kars4Kids Car Donation
bad idea. I did that once, 3 days later i watched that same car go into a crusher. They dont give them out, or fix them up, they crush donated cars and use about $150 of the money towards the charity.

he should find a great home for it on here where it will get much more life out of it. If i lived there i would pick it up right now :-D
Old 29 Jan 2013, 11:15 pm
Banned

Unhappy Re: Free 2003 PT Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluminator View Post
bad idea. I did that once, 3 days later i watched that same car go into a crusher. They dont give them out, or fix them up, they crush donated cars and use about $150 of the money towards the charity.

he should find a great home for it on here where it will get much more life out of it. If i lived there i would pick it up right now :-D
You might be right, I dunno.

Where is there anyway?

We don't even know where the op lives, I drove across 4 states
To buy my gt. this is for a FREE car. Save it from the crusher!!!
Old 29 Jan 2013, 11:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
We don't even know where the op lives, I drove across 4 states
To buy my gt. this is for a FREE car. Save it from the crusher!!!
Sorry, my location was kinda sandwiched in a long wall of text. Miss PT and myself are currently residing in Columbia, SC.

Although I am not in a position to tow her anywhere too far away, I do have a AAA membership so I should be able to tow her 100 miles from the Columbia area. My primary goal is to save her from perishing in the jaws of the crusher or languishing in a junkyard, rusting away to oblivion.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm
Banned

1000 miles for a free car plum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricBlueOnOtherCar View Post
Sorry, my location was kinda sandwiched in a long wall of text. Miss PT and myself are currently residing in Columbia, SC.

Although I am not in a position to tow her anywhere too far away, I do have a AAA membership so I should be able to tow her 100 miles from the Columbia area. My primary goal is to save her from perishing in the jaws of the crusher or languishing in a junkyard, rusting away to oblivion.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 12:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

A tow dolly would do the job once you get it on there.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Jan 2013, 03:03 am
Cool Cruiser

I assume you have the title to transfer?

How much do you think it would cost to have the clutch issues fixed at a good shop? Estimate?

I may seriously consider having the car transported to California. I have to think a little bit but it might work out for me to spend that money and sell my current PT to make up for some of it.

Picture? Did I miss a link... Color? How's the body?