PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
**SOLD 3-10-04**Rare German Bumper Cover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Mar 2004, 12:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default **SOLD 3-10-04**Rare German Bumper Cover

**THIS ITEM IS SOLD AS OF 3-10-04**

I am selling this front bumper cover, which is made in Germany for the PT Cruiser.It is *extremely* hard to get these here, and the only place I could find that can get them sells them for $720.00.Part of the reason for the high cost is the exchange rate between the Euro and the Dollar, which has been bad for a while now.For anyone interested, I can refer you to the same guy for the headlamp kit in this picture, which he sells for $699.00.The Grille can also be had for around $199.00.You can use your stock grille and headlamps with this bumper cover.
I'm selling the Bumper Cover *only* (does NOT include the headlamps or grille).This will include all of the lights shown in the picture (clear turn signals,fog lamps,LED indicators), the mesh grille, all wiring, switches,instructions, and screws.The unit is unpainted and is black in color.
This bumper is made to fit Non-Turbo PTs, but with some trimming can be adapted to the Turbo cars.I had planned to put it on my 2003 Dream Cruiser (Turbo) and did a test fit.It looks like it would need minimal trimming on the back side of the opening in front of the Intercooler, and maybe some trimming on the bottom where it meets the bottom of the radiator core support.
The picture below is from the company's German web site.I can almost guarantee you have never seen one of these on a car in person, and I have only seen one picture of one installed on a car even on the Internet that wasn't in Germany, and that guy was in England.

I'm planning on being at the show in Daytona, so I will probably bring it with me.If you buy it, you can pick it up there and save yourself some money, or I can check on prices for shipping via Greyhound Bus (I understand this is the cheapest way to go for something this size).

I'm asking $500 for it, but that is negotiable.I know that sounds steep, but considering you most likely will never see anyone else with this part, and that it includes all of the lighting, wiring, switches, instructions, etc., it's really a deal.

If you're really interested in it, you won't hurt my feelings by making an offer that's under $500.

I am in Metro Atlanta, and as I said, I can ship the item, but the buyer assumes all shipping/insurance charges.

Contact me at :

Last edited by TripleJackInGA; 05 Jan 2008 at 02:20 am. Reason: Privacy Concerns
Old 09 Mar 2004, 01:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Really, it's more than a bumper cover - it's the whole front below the headlights, isn't it? Looks all one piece.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Mar 2004, 02:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Really, it's more than a bumper cover - it's the whole front below the headlights, isn't it? Looks all one piece.

Yep. Some people call them bumper covers, others call them front fascias, but yes, it goes from the bottom of the grille and headlamps and below.

Also, you do not need to remove or modify anyhing behind it like the bumper brace, etc.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 15 Mar 2004, 09:38 pm
Young Cruiser

So this german cover just goes over the bumper already on the car? you don't have to take the other one off? I ask because I am finding this whole bumper cover issue confusing for some odd reason. I got in an accident and need to replace my front bumper. I was going to get an aftermarket bumper, but I know that some of them just fit over the stock bumper and others replace it. Not sure what this is and I will soon be going to germany for a few years. would like to pick this piece up while I am there.
02\' Patriot Blue Cruiser, dual cat back exhaust, blue under car lights, airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and custom sound system.*Xenon front bumper (crusher), polished aluminum gas door.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 11:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by milPT

So this german cover just goes over the bumper already on the car? you don't have to take the other one off? I ask because I am finding this whole bumper cover issue confusing for some odd reason. I got in an accident and need to replace my front bumper. I was going to get an aftermarket bumper, but I know that some of them just fit over the stock bumper and others replace it. Not sure what this is and I will soon be going to germany for a few years. would like to pick this piece up while I am there.

No no no no no............you have to remove the existing bumper cover, fascia or whatever you want to call it.The actual bumper is the metal bar underneath the part you see.
You remove the one currently on the car, which holds your fog lamps, etc., and install this one in it's place.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 16 Mar 2004, 02:09 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks, now I understand.
02\' Patriot Blue Cruiser, dual cat back exhaust, blue under car lights, airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and custom sound system.*Xenon front bumper (crusher), polished aluminum gas door.