Advertisements
2005 Convertable for sale

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2013, 12:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 Convertable for sale

Hi All
The wife said rotate some of the toys, so I'd like to sell my 2005 PT Convertible.

Plum Crazy purple pearl with red flake, with touring trim.
Cloth Graphite Interior, 2.4 DOHC Turbocharged engine, 4 speed Automatic
109k miles. New timing belt, new turbo. No air or water leaks around the top. Top looks new, but isn't. Everything is tight and right.
I'm asking $8000 for it, which is at the low end of the retail market. With the mechanicals already done I think the purple paint would make a good starting place for someone that is looking for an inexpensive rod project.

I uploaded a pic of it (I think it took) and would be happy to send more if someone is interested. Please PM me if you are interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2084.jpg (96.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 17 Jun 2013, 08:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 Convertable for sale

Excellent
$5,479
Very Good
$5,179
Good
$5,004
Fair
$4,254

Be REALISTIC!!!!

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 08:51 pm
Banned

For 8k you might want to throw some wax on the paint and clean up the rusty drums, just sayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmillerkc View Post
Hi All
The wife said rotate some of the toys, so I'd like to sell my 2005 PT Convertible.

Plum Crazy purple pearl with red flake, with touring trim.
Cloth Graphite Interior, 2.4 DOHC Turbocharged engine, 4 speed Automatic
109k miles. New timing belt, new turbo. No air or water leaks around the top. Top looks new, but isn't. Everything is tight and right.
I'm asking $8000 for it, which is at the low end of the retail market. With the mechanicals already done I think the purple paint would make a good starting place for someone that is looking for an inexpensive rod project.

I uploaded a pic of it (I think it took) and would be happy to send more if someone is interested. Please PM me if you are interested.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 09:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I got $6900. Excellent retail. KBB. That's all I could do on the Kelly site. I love the color though. You might check your area as it may differ in your market. Good luck with your sale. The prices above are private party values.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 Jun 2013, 09:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks.... Price is about right for the Kansas City market. I'd rely less on KBB and slant my asking price to what people are actually asking for in my local area According to AutoTrader/Cars.com/Craigslist I'm right on the money for a 300 mile radius. I realize different markets publish different results, and this being a national (?) forum It may seem out of line to you in You're city, plus I left some room in there to negotiate a price, and delivery etc.

As to the paint... I shot the pix on a cloudy day, it shines like a diamond in a goats you know what... lol... Rusty drums... yeah, my bad.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 11:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
For 8k you might want to throw some wax on the paint and clean up the rusty drums, just sayin
I took the pix on a cloudy day....This one is better...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2077.jpg (96.6 KB, 27 views)
Busa_Powered likes this.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 11:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I love the 2 door look even like the rag top but if its a turbo why dosent it have disk on the rear or does it??? good luck
Old 17 Jun 2013, 11:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
I love the 2 door look even like the rag top but if its a turbo why dosent it have disk on the rear or does it??? good luck
I'm not sure what disc you're referring to? It has the Turbo badge on the lower RH side of the rear hatch. The High Output models have "High Output" right below the Turbo badge, but I've never seen a disk.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 12:37 am
Banned

That's better, now take care of those rusty drums

Oh btw why did the turbo have to be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmillerkc View Post
I took the pix on a cloudy day....This one is better...

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 18 Jun 2013 at 12:39 am.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 02:03 am
Cool Cruiser

I think he's talking about disk brakes on the rear. I thought all of the GTs came with rear disk brakes too. Maybe not?

I got my Vert for just over 6k with only 35k miles but that was just me being in the right place at the right time. And after the seller was dealing with all of the a-holes that Craigslist can attract, he seemed very happy to meet with real people that had cash in their hands.

At your mileage, you're on the high end of what some dealers are asking around here. Better to leave some room to negotiate but something I learned from my years in car sales... If you price at market, you will waste time fighting the market. Privately, most of the cars I move are usually 400 to a grand cheaper than prices I find online for similar models. Makes the sale quick and easy and I don't have to deal with haggling.

Best of luck!
05 PT GT Vert, Airbox mod, K&N filter, NeedsWings intake pipe, Mopar BOV, MSD wires, Autotecnica Chrome Spears, APC Taillights, Mopar Stage One, UltraGauge, Energy front suspension kit, Moog spherical bushings

Tags
convertable, for sale, turbo