Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
For Sale - 04 Dream Cruiser - 1 of 400

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Oct 2013, 01:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default For Sale - 04 Dream Cruiser - 1 of 400

Family purchased new, title changed from grandfather to my wife. 113K miles - a lot of them highway. Never been wrecked - body and interior in excellent condition. Now for the bad news -- turbo is gone. I have removed the stock turbo and have purchased a brand new turbo to replace it. This was supposed to be my winter project, but I am so busy at work and with other things, I just don't have the time. I also have a performance stainless steel down pipe, performance cold air intake, and a new performance MagnaFlow Cat that I intended to install to step up the performance a bit. This car will be awesome with the new turbo and other parts! See the attached pics. We are asking $3000, but make an offer -- we will consider the best offer. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-13-13 027.jpg (90.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 9-13-13 083.jpg (87.2 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 9-13-13 085.jpg (88.0 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by OzCruiser; 19 Sep 2017 at 12:47 pm. Reason: added something and want to reissue the post
Old 11 Oct 2013, 05:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: For Sale - 04 Dream Cruiser - 1 of 400

Has the timing belt been changed?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

No, we have not had the timing belt changed on the PT.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 06:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

more pictures please is it drivable ?
Old 13 Oct 2013, 06:12 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to BillsCruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid1994 View Post
more pictures please is it drivable ?
Ditto ^^^^

I'm interested...and LOCAL.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 11:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry was away for the weekend, just checked this thread. What other pics do you want to see? Let me know and I can post them tomorrow night.

The car is not drivable. As I stated in my original post, I took this on as a project, and the first part of the project was to remove the blown turbo. I have done that task, and took many pics along the way, if needed. Again as I said, I have the new turbo, but before taking that on I intended to do a good cleaning of the engine and all the parts that would be going back on -- intake manifold, etc. The car was running fine --- less the turbo, when I shut it down to do the turbo replacement job.

Per Crewzin's question, now probably would be a good time to replace the timing belt and water pump also. And I am not up to that task, as getting the turbo out was enough for this old man!!

This is a beautiful PT, it just needs some help under the hood.

Last edited by OzCruiser; 13 Oct 2013 at 11:14 pm.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 08:16 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to BillsCruiser

Engine pics??

I for one wish this was still assembled and running. It's hard to re-assemble something that another person has taken apart.
What failed on the original turbo? Sometimes when they go, it takes the engine out too...trying to digest turbo trash.
Guess I can take a ride up and look at this...I'm just south of Woodstock in Cobb Co.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 05:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I totally understand your perspective, but I didn't want to keep running it with the blown turbo, for the reason you sited - it could only lead to deeper problems. I do not believe their is engine damage, otherwise I would not have taken this project on and invested in the new turbo, etc. I had a step by step list that someone put together to remove the turbo, and I followed those instructions. The same person put together the list of what needs to be done to install the new turbo, and I obviously intended to follow those instructions on the backend. I am an organized person and plugged the bolts I removed into a piece of cardboard and labeled them. And as I had stated above, I took pictures everywhere I felt there would be a need to "remember" what something looked like before I loosened or removed it.

Honestly, the hardest part was removing all the bolts associated with the heat shielding that totally surrounded the dang turbo!! On the backend, I had no intention of putting all that shielding back around the turbo, I had planned to rig a better flow of air directly to and around the new turbo to keep it and the area around it cooler.

I have the old turbo, you can look at it -- you can look at anything you want. I live in Canton, Sixes Rd., Bridgemill Subdivision. Not a problem for you to come look at it, we just need to schedule a day and time.

Last edited by OzCruiser; 14 Oct 2013 at 09:30 pm. Reason: added some more info