Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jrbsr05pt
  • 1 Post By Busa_Powered
  • 1 Post By gabbyblonde

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 2013, 10:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2004 Cruiser--Cool Vanilla Very Clean Fort Wayne, IN

Cream with black interior. very clean inside and out-non smoker. well kept and maintained. 120,000 miles on it -- the last 50,000 -were highway miles

Asking $3,200.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT Cruiser 1.jpg (62.7 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by gabbyblonde; 01 Nov 2013 at 06:40 pm. Reason: no longer needs valve job!! problem solved
Old 26 Oct 2013, 11:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2004 Cruiser needs a valve job..selling it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyblonde View Post
Cream with black interior. very clean inside and out. well kept and maintained. throwing p0302 code with 120,000 miles on it (misfiring on 2nd cylinder) the last 50,000 were highway miles.
price $1,000 obo.

pics upon request
Location?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 28 Oct 2013, 03:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

FYI. Mine was throwing that code about a month ir 2 ago when I was racing along little turtle through curves against a newer Acura tl. I mean running it hard up to redline pretty much. After I got to a stop sign it started sputtering. started the cel came on. Checked and it could be multiple things. Spark plugs, ignition coil. Fuel injector, vacuum leak or valves. I knew it wasn't anything but possibly a clogged injector cuz everything else has been replaced in the last 6-9 months and I found it hard to believe it was a valve, but I do put 100+ miles daily on mine and run it rough daily, if a car can't take what I throw at it then it's not the car for me lol. Unplugged battery and threw a half a bottle of marvel mystery oil in my gas tank and all has been good since. Just saying. You should at least take a good look at it before you sell it for 1000$. Could be as simple as mine was. Only real way to check to see if it's valves is I believe a compression check or if you take it apart, if you haven't done either of those 2 things then it's hard to say if you have bad valves or not. Just saying and trying to help you out, no point in selling a car cheaper then what you paid for it, if it's a simple fix.
gabbyblonde likes this.
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 03:48 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: 2004 Cruiser needs a valve job..selling it

Previous post covers alot of that stuff.
Quote:
hey....i had the same problem and the dealer switched out the plugs and wires and ruled out everything but a valve job.....at 120,000 miles. yeesh. this is after having the engine practically rebuilt at 66,000 miles.
im so done with putting money in this car. the body and and interior is still nice (its a 2004) should I junk it, sell it as is, or fix it and try to sell it? Lord have mercy!
kim
Old 28 Oct 2013, 04:24 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: 2004 Cruiser needs a valve job..selling it

Welcome to the forum

Sad to see you leave the forum

You will be missed

Your contributions were invaluable

That time you put brake fluid in instead of oil was great, even though it wasn't at the time.

Was glad we could all meet you at RTTB!

What are you doing with all those trophies you won?

Oh well, sad to see you go, good luck
needmoretoys likes this.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 04:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Welcome to the forum

That time you put brake fluid in instead of oil was great, even though it wasn't at the time.
:
WHAT!?!?!?!?!? I missed that lol.
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 02:54 am
Banned

Exclamation Re: 2004 Cruiser needs a valve job..selling it

Yes it was a trip. Something about her brakes were squeaking and she somehow thought adding brake fluid to the oil would lubricate the brakes and stop the squeaking. It was a mess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbsr05pt View Post
WHAT!?!?!?!?!? I missed that lol.
Old 01 Nov 2013, 06:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey thanks!! fuel injector cleaner solved the problem. Amazing that the dealer couldnt figure that out after running 200.00 worth of diagnostics.
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 01 Nov 2013, 06:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Hey thanks!! fuel injector cleaner solved the problem. Amazing that the dealer couldnt figure that out after running 200.00 worth of diagnostics.
BAM!!

Old 01 Nov 2013, 07:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
The dealer doesn't make enough money on fuel injector cleaner....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles