PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Factory 15-Spoke Chrome Wheels

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2013, 03:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Factory 15-Spoke Chrome Wheels

Factory 15-spoke chrome wheels from 2006 PT Cruiser GT Convertible - yes they are dirty, I just haven't had the time to take them out and clean them, but the chrome is in excellent shape. They are fantastic wheels, and if I had the time to clean them up myself before selling I'd sell them for anywhere from $70 each to $100 each, since they are NOT cheap. Since I don't have the time, I'll sell them for $50 each, plus shipping.

Based on the factory spec they are 17"x6.5", they weigh on average 24 pounds each, plus packing. I'll be padding the boxes as they are in 18" wheel boxes so there's room in there for padding (19x19x9). I've got to find a 4th box as right now I only have three, need the fourth box to be able to ship them. They will be coming from zip code 28117, so you can price the shipping.

One thing I found that I don't know where it came from is a 2" scratch on one wheel, it's on the outside edge, and it's the one wheel not in a box, and since my wife moved these around outside, I'm thinking maybe she scratched it, but I'm not sure. It ain't much of a scratch, and if I had the time I'd buff it out, but just don't have the time. Here's pictures of it:

These are wheels 2 through 4, dirty but no scratches that I saw on them:

These are estimates I did on shipping. They are straight up standard via USPS, and I'm sure you can find something cheaper. If not, at least this gives you a good idea on each wheel what the cost of shipping is!

You can see, on average they run from $27 to $35 each.

Why am I selling them? Well, sadly I'm unemployed and have been searching diligently for a job for 6 weeks now. Running out of money and soon going to be out on the street if I don't get a job. I've wanted to keep these forever, but I cannot keep them anymore as I'm going to have to move into an apartment in February and won't have any place to store them. So, I'm hoping someone will want a nice set of wheels like this.

PM me if you are interested. I'll do a personal photo shoot of each wheel before and after packing so you can see their condition in advance of shipping. This way if you want to add insurance, it's your call but you will have evidence of their conditions. I've got a bunch of newspaper to use, crumbled up for padding, so will have them well packaged for you.

$50 each, $200 total, plus shipping.

And no, only selling all four, not one or two separately!
Old 18 Nov 2013, 12:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Factory 15-Spoke Chrome Wheels

I think I have a buyer! Will let you know when it's done! Excellent opportunity for this person!
Old 19 Nov 2013, 08:57 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Do you still have the lower grill bar lying around or did you get rid of it?
Sorry to head about your delima, hope things work out for you.

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi
Old 19 Nov 2013, 09:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiszr View Post
Do you still have the lower grill bar lying around or did you get rid of it?
Sorry to head about your delima, hope things work out for you.
Thanks man, appreciate the comment! Yes, have it, been trying to figure out how to install it but the big intercooler is so far front that it can't so I would consider selling it. It's in great condition, just hasn't been installed in over 2 years now.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 03:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Robin, Damn, sorry to hear about the job loss. Sounded so promising and you were really on an upbeat there in Midlothian. My prayers for ya and hopefully something will pop up soon.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 10:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Did you sell the wheels?
Old 21 Nov 2013, 04:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yes they are sold - Carey sir can you please lock this one down?

Thank you in advance, and yes, life sucks at the moment but I'm so positive now that I just see a fix coming!
Closed Thread