PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WTB: Rear anti-sway bar installation kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jan 2014, 11:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default WTB: Rear anti-sway bar installation kit

Hello Everyone,

Just like the title says, I am looking to purchase a rear sway bar install kit. My PT is a 2008 base model that did not come with a rear sway bar from the factory. I purchased a new H&R sway bar, but do not have the parts to install it on the car. If you have a kit for sale, new or used, PM me with price and details.

Also, I might be interested in a front upper strut brace as well.

Thanks,
Roger

Edit: just realized that I posted this in the wrong section. Can somebody move it to the "wanted" classifieds?

Last edited by RogerB; 01 Jan 2014 at 11:54 am. Reason: Posted in wrong place
Old 01 Jan 2014, 02:58 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: WTB: Rear anti-sway bar installation kit

Eibach makes an installation kit for 'their' rear sway bars part# Eibach 2860.320HKR Hardware Kit,but that sway bar is 22mm though.(and those are getting harder to find by the day!)
The H & R rear sway bars are 20mm(same as stock PT),so I believe you need to have 'stock' install hardware,which can be found at a dealer parts department,or from a salvage yard.

Parts List can be found here: Stabilizer Bar, Rear. Fits: 2008 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER | FACTORY CHRYSLER PARTS
Although you mainly only need just the clamps/retainers(x2),and the necessary connecting bolts & washers....You can buy the rear end links for less separately on Ebay(and they're Moogs!): Moog K80264 Sway Bar End Link Rubber Bushings Rear Chrysler PT Cruiser Each | eBay
Here's the Eibach kit I was referring to(for 22mm sway bar!): Performance Peddler
Maybe a longshot,but you might try contacting H & R directly: H&R Special Springs, LP. :: Toll Free (888) 827-8881

Last edited by randyincctx; 01 Jan 2014 at 03:00 pm.
Old 01 Jan 2014, 03:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: WTB: Rear anti-sway bar installation kit

Wow, thank you for the great information! To be honest, I didn't exactly know what I needed since my car did not come with a rear anti-sway bar from the factory. I only knew that I purchased a bar without the necessary components to install. Your information shows me what I need to buy. I will probably just go the eBay route as shown and buy the other items from Chrysler.

Thanks again!
Roger
Old 01 Jan 2014, 03:14 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: WTB: Rear anti-sway bar installation kit

Like I said tough;You might try giving H & R a quick call.....They may point you in another direction totally.
Old 01 Jan 2014, 07:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have an 07 Cruiser and I also purchased the Eiback front and rear sway bars very recently .

The Eiback rear installation kit is nearly impossible to find. Called the company after getting my orders cancelled from parts places that simply could not get them anymore. "Part discontinued"

I ended up buying:
Mopar Stage 1 Sway Bar Installation Kit (P4510839)
I bought mine from JEGS but I recently saw it cheaper at "Chicago Connection. Below is the link. The kit is just some end links bolts and brackets. $127.68

Stage 1 Sway Bar Installation Kit (2001-05 PT Cruiser) [P4510839] - $127.68 : CHICAGO CONNECTION, Your High Performance Parts & Accessory Shop

Hopefully after the weekend , I will give the sway bars a go in my garage.
The back seems to be a little tricky. The front should go easy.

Good Luck!

2008 Convertible Turbo -lite
2007 Touring N/A Boneyard
Old 01 Jan 2014, 08:05 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: WTB: Rear anti-sway bar installation kit

Mopar Stage 1 rear sway bars are only 19mm diameter,the H & R rear sway bars are 20mm;Two different animals.....
Old 02 Jan 2014, 01:03 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Mopar Stage 1 rear sway bars are only 19mm diameter,the H & R rear sway bars are 20mm;Two different animals.....
You are right Randy, From what I read. the HR bars are thicker I was not sure if the MOPAR SET UP WOULD COMP THE HR BARS.

MYSELF, am not even looking forward to bending the Mopar rear clamps for the Eiback rear bar I purchased.

I was telling him about the recent challenge I faced after buying the Eiback bars. The installation Kits!

They are rare!

Old 02 Jan 2014, 02:57 am
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: WTB: Rear anti-sway bar installation kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny7627 View Post
MYSELF, am not even looking forward to bending the Mopar rear clamps for the Eiback rear bar I purchased.
You never could find any at all?......It's not just bending the clamps,the 19mm bushings aren't going to fit the 22mm sway bar;I'm not saying it can't be 'rigged'/bent/'shoe-horned' or made to work somehow,but it won't be right.
Did you try this site($119.25):
Search
Or contacting Eibach directly,they list the
2860.320HKR(the photo's not correct though?)
ANTI-ROLL Hardware Kit | performance-suspension.eibach.com
Old 02 Jan 2014, 03:05 am
Veteran Cruiser

Question Re: WTB: Rear anti-sway bar installation kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny7627 View Post
You never could find any at all?......It's not just bending the clamps,but those 19mm bushings aren't going to fit the 22mm sway bar either;I'm not saying it can't be 'rigged'/bent/or 'shoe-horned' somehow,but it won't be right.
Did you try Majestic Motor Sports Inc:
Search

Also,Eibach direct website shows
2860.320HKR for $159.00,but the page has a different photo,and list it for 2009 PT Cruiser Touring?(that's weird!)
ANTI-ROLL Hardware Kit | performance-suspension.eibach.com
Old 02 Jan 2014, 11:17 am
Cool Cruiser

You have me thinking now Randy. I simply gave up trying to find the Eiback KIT. I do believe I made three attempts at purchase and each time a day ot two later I was contacted and told they don't have them. You know how frustrating it is when you buy something on-line.

They have been in the garage since before the holidays waiting for me to make the attempt. I see now that the Mopar Stage One rear bar is 19mm) and the Eiback Rear sway bar is 22mm)

Hmmmm, I was hoping the Mopar kit would be OK....I hope I didn't waste the money.

Getting some snow here in New York today. I will try to get around to giving it a good look after the weekend.. Thanks for your input and web links. I do recall going directly to the Eiback web and seeing the kit listed only to find out they don't make them anymore. Unless something has changed?

Danny

Last edited by Danny7627; 02 Jan 2014 at 11:21 am. Reason: clarification