Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2001 Limited Red Cruiser 27k Los Angeles Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2014, 01:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2001 Limited Red Cruiser 27k Los Angeles Area

My mom has to sell her beloved cruiser because she can no longer qualify for a license renewal (vision test fail). While I am posting this on her behalf she has authorized this posting and will be handling the sale herself. The car has a clean title and is ready for immediate sale.

The reason we are posting here first is the car was considered somewhat special and after the care she has taken with it we could only hope someone that has a love for cruisers would ultimately own it. I searched the internet to find people that appreciate this specific car.

Only modification to the car is the wheels. They are baby moon chrome dome type wheels. Older retro look. That is the only change from stock on the car. The car did come with a dealer installed ignition kill switch anti theft device we dont use. The keys for the ignition kill system will be included.

As far as treatment goes, this car has had it easy. My mom drives very slow and steady. (67 years old) Its taken as little abuse as a car of this type could in 27k. The majority of the miles were logged driving for weekend Las Vegas trips from North Los Angeles (Santa Clarita).

I am not a regular to the cruiser scene so please ask me any questions you may have. Let me list some statistics I do know:

(Extensive pictures provided tomorrow 1-28 after I can get it through a car wash. Uploading temporary night photos. Sorry car is dirty in these shots, that is not paint damage.)

-Purchased new, 1 older female owner
-26,900 miles
-Automatic Transmission
-Never in an accident or crash of any kind
-Garaged regularly
-Metallic maroon or red color
-Grey leather interior
-Anti-lock brakes
-Oil has been changed regularly in 3k intervals (or less)
-New battery, new wiper blades (3 mo.)
-New front tires (1 mo.)

*Known issues*
-the button that registers the emergency brake on the instrument cluster can stick on. Lifting the e brake and releasing it back down clears the
indicator, i think the switch is just dirty and sticking.

-Paint scratch in the bottom rear right corner near the bumper on plastic. I would classify it as minor to moderate. Pictures will be included to disclose the problem.

-the shocks for the rear hatch are worn out and often don't hold the rear door up properly. We have the new in box replacement shocks and they will be included with the car.

-the headlight lenses are discolored and need restoration. They have been serviced before but it was inadequate.

-the unpainted bumpers have a grayish weathered look to them they need some restoration or refurbishment.

I just took it on an extensive test drive on the freeway tonight and through some canyon roads. It feels great. I did hear a a clunking sound in the front right when entering driveway ramps to the right. If I turn left and bank in that direction I cannot recreate the sound.

Car has had one major problem that the dealer fixed early into its life (2 years), some kind of metal bowl shaped part that attached somewhere near the transmission. It turned out there was a metal defect in casting the part. Sorry I dont know the name of the part. We also cannot find the paperwork related to the warranty repair. It looked like a pot metal dog bowl if that helps.

$6500 obo is our starting point, please let me know if this is unreasonable as we want this to be a fair transaction for all involved. If shipping is needed we have no problem cooperating with that scenario.

Last edited by DMurray; 28 Jan 2014 at 06:02 am.