Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
timing belt kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2014, 09:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default timing belt kit

so i went ahead and bought a timing belt/water pump kit for 'ol Betty. then i go to put it on and lo and behold everything looks almost brand new. talked to the ppl i bought it from and yup, was changes at 101,000 miles. so since I'm not gonna already be in there, I'm selling my adjustable cam gears as well. paid about $300 for the kit and $150 for the gears. grab them up now for $350 (+shipping) so i can put the money to use somewhere else on my pt. may consider splitting the kit up, but really would like to sell as a whole. if i do part out, it'll be $275 for the pump kit and $125 for the gears (i know its more, but i already have the $350 spent in my head lol)

PM me if interested.

pics will come in the A.M.

Last edited by BLACKBETTY; 18 Mar 2014 at 10:29 pm. Reason: ask busa ↓
Old 18 Mar 2014, 09:54 pm
Banned

Default Re: timing belt kit

Dear Betty

How are you, I am good thank you

I was thinking

If it was changed at 1100 miles, that was reaaaaaaaaal early!!!

I would think it would need another one by now
Old 18 Mar 2014, 10:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Dear Betty

How are you, I am good thank you

I was thinking

If it was changed at 1100 miles, that was reaaaaaaaaal early!!!

I would think it would need another one by now
thanks busa. meant 101,000. gonna go fix it now.
Old 09 May 2014, 08:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi I am new to this site. I have a 2006 non turbo pt----LOVE IT---looking for advise-----car has 95k miles and i wish to be proactive and get the water pump and timing changed--took it for an estimate and was quoted 900 dollars--mechanic said that was cheap considering that some pts cost more depending on the type -he needed the VIN #---am I being too cynical or is this a fair price for this job? I appreciate any thoughts
Old 09 May 2014, 08:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverside1023 View Post
Hi I am new to this site. I have a 2006 non turbo pt----LOVE IT---looking for advise-----car has 95k miles and i wish to be proactive and get the water pump and timing changed--took it for an estimate and was quoted 900 dollars--mechanic said that was cheap considering that some pts cost more depending on the type -he needed the VIN #---am I being too cynical or is this a fair price for this job? I appreciate any thoughts
Sorta middle of the road price. Don't know why one would be any cheaper or higher. Same job on all that I can see. And I have done the turbo.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 01 Jun 2014, 11:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverside1023 View Post
mine was quoted 350$ next day went to pick it up and it was 400$, I ask why 50$ more. He said antifreeze and tax, I said f tax man. He was like I gotta charge tax man, I was like na f tax lol. he was like 375$ then. asked if he had change for a 20, he didn't so he said go get me a pack of cigs. all in all I gave 370+5.10 for cigs for the job. I was happy
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 01 Jun 2014, 11:49 pm
Banned

F man dat sux he tried to f u over

F dat chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbsr05pt View Post
mine was quoted 350$ next day went to pick it up and it was 400$, I ask why 50$ more. He said antifreeze and tax, I said f tax man. He was like I gotta charge tax man, I was like na f tax lol. he was like 375$ then. asked if he had change for a 20, he didn't so he said go get me a pack of cigs. all in all I gave 370+5.10 for cigs for the job. I was happy