Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
For Sale Custom Box and Alpine speakers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 May 2004, 07:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default For Sale Custom Box and Alpine speakers

I have a custom box that I made for sale. This box does not take up any trunk space. It fits in the same spot as the JL Audio one does. You do have to cut the panel. It houses 1 12" Subwoofer. It is made out of fiberglass. IT was going in my PT but I am not going to have the time or money to continue to finish this project.

What I am selling and including in this sale is:

The custom box.
The panel
(So you don't have to cut and ruin your panel)
1 Brand New never used Alpine 12" Type "R" Subwoofer.
300RMS/1000Peak watts. Retails for over $200.
All for $400.00

I also have a Brand new pair of Alpine Type "R" 5x7's $100.00
These are for the rear never had the chance to install them.
They retail for $200. 35RMS/140watts peak. Model SPR-574A

Also 1 almost new pair of Alpine 6.5" Component 2-way speakers. $140.00
These speakers were only used for about 1 month I uninstalled the radio so they haven't even been used the entire month. I have the box and all mounting hardware. They sound awesome. Retail for $250. 50RMS/200 Peak.

There is a shipping charge for each item so please e-mail me if interested at SwtNLwPT@MSN.com. You can see a picture of the box in the link below. The purple cover is not on it anymore, but I can put it back if you would like. I took it off and started bondoing it so I can paint it. If you want it covered then tell with what and I will cover it. If you want it painted then I will finish sanding it and ship it to your ready to paint. You will have to paint it. You are not getting the woofer in the picture, you are a brand new one like the one in the picture. It sounds really good. Remember there will be NO Cutting on your side because I am including my already cut panel. If you decide you don't like it you can replace it with you stock panel.

I am sorry but because I am not a dealer I can not offer a warrenty. I am almost postive Alpine will still cover the warrenty because I still have the cards. I also can not offer a refund or exchange on any of these items. If you live near Jersey you can come by and check it out yourself.
Old 04 May 2004, 08:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

I wish I would've seen this post last week. I just ordered what it seems the same setup from Crutchfield (Alpine Type R speakers for the front and the rear).

Are these the front component speakers you're selling? If so, may I ask, did you have problems fitting them in the doors? Crutchfield told me that they were not an easy fit and something might have to be modified in the door panel. Something about a wide magnet diameter. I'll try to install them this weekend.
Old 04 May 2004, 08:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

Yes they are. The whole in the door is a little bigger then 6.5" and the speaker doesn't fit right. There is a Chyrlser speaker adapter that will help you with your instill. I had shave a little off that to make the speaker fit. You can probaly buy a thin piece of wood and cut that to fit.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/529247
Old 18 May 2004, 12:54 am
Regular Cruiser

Take a Look. It is still for sale. Need to sell to start next project. Make an offer. Brand New never used sub.

Old 30 May 2004, 12:29 am
Regular Cruiser

5x7's are Sold.

I had alot of people asking for info on this box. I can sell this box with out the woofer if you have your own. I am looking to get $175 to $200 for the box alone. I will sell the panel for $80 if you wish not to cut your own panel up. I will also sell the woofer alone (which is brand new never hooked up just installed(no amp at time)). The woofer is going to go for $100.

I did get an Alpine amp MRD-M301 and I am selling this amp also. It just came in but going a different way with this system so I am selling all my Alpine stuff. I am asking $200 for the amp.

Please e-mail if interested in anything or have questions. You can see the pic with the link below (signature). Also some copied and pasted it in this thread.

Old 14 Jun 2004, 04:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

I sold everything expect the box and Subwoofer. I will be selling seperatly. Make offer to consider if interested.