PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Whipple Supercharger kit for sale - new and complete!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 2015, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Whipple Supercharger kit for sale - new and complete!

I am offering for sale a new, never installed, Whipple supercharger kit for 2001-2002 Chrysler PT Cruisers. It is a complete kit and comes in the original box with original foam packing. It has been in storage for years (obviously) and the box shows wear. I had planned to install this on my PT Cruiser, but my priorities have changed. This could very well be the last "new" PT Cruiser Whipple kit left in the world. Supercharger is labeled "Pt-tuning serial No 006". Comes with everything pictured including installation instructions, piggy-back computer, hoses, wiring harness, clamps, and hardware. Everything has been inspected and everything is in new, undamaged condition. The supercharger itself turns smoothly with no shaft play. Although this kit was designed for 2001-2002 model year PT Cruisers, it could potentially be used on any year model PT Cruiser with proper alternative fuel and ignition monitoring and control (Whipple piggy-back computer only works on 2001-2002 models). Feel free to ask any questions.

I am asking $2000 plus shipping. Local pickup would be free of course. I am located just North of the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

I have 100% positive feedback on ebay. PM me for my user name if you would like to read feedback comments. I want to avoid selling this kit on ebay if possible to avoid their 10% fee.

Thank you.
Roger

Note: Please click on photos below to view large versions.

Old 23 Aug 2015, 06:59 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Whipple Supercharger kit for sale - new and complete!

This would be a great find for somebody.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Nexus 5X, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013)
Old 23 Aug 2015, 09:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I wonder who remembers somebody looking for this?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 Aug 2015, 12:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Good grief! I need that for my 02 Dream but for two grand I can buy another 02 Dream. Rats.
WHat a great opportunity for someone who wants a go fast early cruiser!
Old 24 Aug 2015, 01:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadenahotrod03Dreamer View Post
Good grief! I need that for my 02 Dream but for two grand I can buy another 02 Dream. Rats.
WHat a great opportunity for someone who wants a go fast early cruiser!
Look at it this way. $2,000 for the DS1 plus $2,000 for the Whipple gives you a $4,000 ride. And that's about the value of a very nice later turbo Dream Cruiser. So for about the same money, you can have something fast and unique.

PS: If this thing was $1,000, I'd seriously consider buying it and then go grab a local 2002 PT with a broke timing belt for $500 that I've had my eye on.
Busted_PT and Gkon like this.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 01:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Look at it this way. $2,000 for the DS1 plus $2,000 for the Whipple gives you a $4,000 ride. And that's about the value of a very nice later turbo Dream Cruiser. So for about the same money, you can have something fast and unique.

PS: If this thing was $1,000, I'd seriously consider buying it and then go grab a local 2002 PT with a broke timing belt for $500 that I've had my eye on.
You can always make an offer. Who knows, you may be the only one showing an interest, and he may decide to take it, might be better than nothing. This certainly could qualify as a barn find.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
149k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 24 Aug 2015, 01:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

LOL

IMHO Stay with a Turbo Charged PT Cruiser, not everybody should be "BLOWN"!

Just for craps and giggles,,,use search feature and see what I posted a long time ago about working on a Whipple with 2 different PT Cruiser owners,one local!

BTW for those that are not aware, most all Whipple equip PT's in the begging as this kit shows early version created lots of trouble even "blown" engines from the users. Whipple attempted to correct the issues with upgraded versions that still had issues. The sales dropped with the introduction of the Turbo PT's and also the unsuccessful resolution to fueling and PCM compatibility issues. The engineer that developed the PT whipple kit no longer works for whipple and the remaining stock and all the engineering blue prints are no longer available.
Whipple at this point is reluctant to even talk about this unit anymore. So if you get one or have one you are basically on your own. I also notice that this version does not have the C.A.R.B sticker. Something interested parties should consider if they are in a emissions controlled state with vehicle inspections.

IMO This KIT would be for a PT Cruiser that is for Auto Shows and not really driven daily. There are a couple of PT Cruisers that claimed to be DD without any problems from their Whipple SC Kits. I would tend to believe this if they were carefully driven.

For gearheads.....ONLY!!!!!!!!!! Think Twin Charged!

Last edited by NitroPT; 24 Aug 2015 at 02:09 pm.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 02:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
You can always make an offer. Who knows, you may be the only one showing an interest, and he may decide to take it, might be better than nothing. This certainly could qualify as a barn find.
I've got a Detroit Allison 353 supercharger that's about twice the size of that one. Wonder if I can work out some kind of trade?

This is not mine, but it looks about the same in the same condition.

Old 24 Aug 2015, 03:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

LOL there is not enough thread space to post all of my past and present Blowers I own(ed)! But you can find pictures of many on this forum!
Here is a "one up ya" picture of my personal highly modified SC's.

This picture dates back on this forum when we owned a NA for one day when I joined this forum.
The engine pictured is a Chrysler a 1.6 (no longer stock internals) so technically speaking it could go into a PT Cruiser without to much trouble. The UK market came with these engines factory just NA not Super Charged. To bad Chrysler didn't offer this engine package in a PT cruiser factory Super Charged. It went to another auto maker during the same production years as the PT cruiser.

Old 24 Aug 2015, 10:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
...I also notice that this version does not have the C.A.R.B sticker. Something interested parties should consider if they are in a emissions controlled state with vehicle inspections.
This kit actually does have the C.A.R.B. sticker. I just did not have a photo of it. It meets California and Federal emissions requirements (C.A.R.B. exemption order number D-231-18).

Also, I wanted to mention that Whipple developed a baffle for this supercharger to more evenly distribute airflow to the cylinders. Apparently, without the baffle, cylinders #2 and #3 can run lean because of the way the intake was designed. This modification part is no longer available from Whipple but they were kind enough to provide me with the technical drawing in order to have one made. I will email the pdf file upon request.

Thanks,
Roger
Handy_Cruiser likes this.