PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 2dr Turbo Touring Convert spare parts for sale

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Dec 2015, 12:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 2dr Turbo Touring Convert spare parts for sale

I have a 2005 Turbo PT Cruiser Touring Convertible that I purchased about a year ago for my first car. As of last week the cars engine has been ruined due to a mechanical failure while on the highway which ruined the cams. The car needs a new engine and rather than paying to have the engine swapped I am pursuing purchasing a new car. The car had slightly over 108k miles on it. Other than the engine going and a bad crankshaft position sensor (related to the mechanical failure that occurred) everything on the car is in good shape. So I guess my point to this post is, I have used this forum countless times with help with my car when it had an issue. So I am trying to part out as much of the car to collect a little extra money to put towards a new car as I can. If anyone is in need of any parts for a 2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Cruiser (VIN E) let me know. Would hate to have to drop the car off at a junk yard for $100 when I know there is so many parts in the car that are in great condition. Just recently had the entire power steering system replaced, as well as new timing belt and water pump, and motor mounts just a few week prior to engine failure. Anyway, if anyone is interested in any parts let me know. Thanks!
Old 06 Dec 2015, 01:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 2dr Turbo Touring Convert spare parts for sale

Location? Just wondering what exactly happened to make you think the cams are trashed? Odd this happens after a belt change. Due to shipping cost on anything worth any money. You would be better to try sell compleat.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 06 Dec 2015, 05:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

About 2 weeks after replacing the timing belt the car started having intermittent issues with the crankshaft sensor where the check engine light would come on and the engine would start sputtering after 2400 RPMs. Clearing the code would make the issue go away for a few days. But just before i was able to get it into the shop and have the crankshaft sensor replaced. I had an issue on the highway that seems to have created much worse problems. I was on the highway coming home from work going about 80MPH when the check engine light came back on, the car suddenly down shifted and the RPMs jumped way up and the car was redlining. The engine also made a very loud bang sound when down shifting and the whole car shook. So i pulled over into the off lane and stopped the car. I managed to get off the highway and sputter the rest of the way home using back streets, again couldnt go beyond 2400 RPMs but this time the car wouldnt shift anymore. Once i got it home i called my mechanic who is a close friend of mine and does all my work for me and i explained to him what happened and that i would like to get the car in and looked at ASAP. We arranged to have the car brought in the next day but when i went out to the car that morning it would no longer start up. It would crank and it sounded like it was trying to start but it couldnt. No more check engine light or codes either. So i called my buddy to come pick it up with a trailer and we hauled it to his shop. Well first my mechanic said the crank sensor had completely failed, so we got a new one from autozone. I was trying to save a bit of money so i went with an after market sensor. But after installing it the car still wouldnt start. And no spark either. So he looked at a few things. Checked the timing belt and crank to make sure timing was correct. And it was, so he pulled the sensor and looked in the hole to see if the flywheel was engaging and it was, next he checked the wiring harness and wires to make sure the crank sensor was making a proper connection and those tested good. So we tried getting a sensor from the dealership to see if our sensor was bad. Still no start, but we have spark now. So he decided to open the valve cover and look at the cams. After that he told me im going to need a new engine, the cams are ruined and the engine was abused and is full of sludge. Ive only had the car for a year and ive kept up with all the maintenance. So it appears the previous owner did not keep up with the oil changes. None the less, after looking around online and seeing what proce range im looking at to replace the engine, and also considering all the money ive already put into my PT Cruiser to fix it up and keep it going, i feel that its just not worth it and its time to let the car go.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 06 Dec 2015, 09:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Where's this car at? If still whole, this would be perfect for me. It's exactly what I'd like to start with on my next PT project.
Old 06 Dec 2015, 10:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The car is located in Sheffield Lake, Ohio which just about 20 miles west of Cleveland, Ohio
Old 06 Dec 2015, 10:15 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Not that far from you, Handy. Two day trip. One up, one back.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 06 Dec 2015, 10:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Not that far from you, Handy. Two day trip. One up, one back.
That's actually 900 miles one-way. Plus I'd have to cross over into Yankee territory.
Old 06 Dec 2015, 10:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

You could still feasibly do it. I drove 856 miles in 13 hours. And I'm an old fart!

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 09 Dec 2015, 11:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: 2005 2dr Turbo Touring Convert spare parts for sale

Come on Handy!
I'm 68 1/2, and I dead-headed it from Myrtle Beach all the way back to Oklahoma on a 2 hr nap! (1,425 miles)

Whatever happens with you guys, I'd be interested in the turbo alone for $100 + shipping.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 20 Dec 2015, 04:08 pm
Young Cruiser

pics? what wheels are on it? im pretty hot for a set of factory 17" chrome wheels right now..

Tags
2005 turbo spare parts