Advertisements
2003 Pt Cruiser Gt Auto Stage 1 pcm

Like Tree12Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jan 2016, 02:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2003 Pt Cruiser Gt Auto Stage 1 pcm

I know this is my first post. Iv been a lurker for a while and have gotten great info from this site. This site is actually where I learned about the stage 1 pcm and bought one off ebay 2 years ago after searching for a while. I will be selling my 2003 Dream Cruiser next month and upgrading to hopefully a Dodge Caliber Srt4 and my cousin who is buying my Dream Cruiser doesn't want all the power goodies. So im selling the stage 1 pcm. Will also be posting a few other things also.

Im looking to get $150 obo. I know they are around $300 I believe last time I checked at raceandstreet I think the site is. You can either goto a Mopar dealer and get the vin flashed for $130 or you can send it in to Kevin at syked tuning and get it flashed for $40. Whichever choice youd choose to get it flashed will still be cheaper then purchasing else where. The price includes shipping. I can upload pictures if need be but it is still installed in the car currently until the pcm is either sold or the car gets sold. So it wont be seen very good through the pcm mount and wire plugs. It is a true stage 1 pcm. says Offroad use only blah blah blah. I will accept reasonable offers.
Thanks
Old 04 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2003 Pt Cruiser Gt Auto Stage 1 pcm

so far 58 views and no replies or interest?? WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?
Made a account to post it here to give Pt Cruiser Fanatics a chance before going to ebay.

All offers considered. I'm sure someone can use this or want this. From what I can gather, they are pretty rare now. I can throw in a Mopar blow off plate for free to sweeten up the deal if it is wanted or needed. The pcm will be shipped with packing peanuts and foam to help keep the pcm sturdy in place for safe travel. I used to work at a warehouse in the shipping department so it will be packaged properly and safe.
Again all reasonable offers considered.
Old 05 Jan 2016, 09:27 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Sent you a pm.

Competition's paying the price.

03 PT GT. DSI canned tune, Weight redux, MH Racemaster Slicks/Rota Slipstream 15" 11.89at 115mph 1/4 mile
96 SOHC Neon Turbo
08 CSRT4. Realtune MS1K v1 pcm stg0 NSRT4 Injectors.
Old 05 Jan 2016, 04:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

58 views with no replies is probably because most of us here have no use for it. I know I don't, but just like everyone else, I was curious as to what you wanted for it.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 05 Jan 2016, 05:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
58 views with no replies is probably because most of us here have no use for it. I know I don't, but just like everyone else, I was curious as to what you wanted for it.
Lol. I'm sure they're are quite a few people who would like to have stage one in there pt cruiser. Yea I know you can go with a Diablo tune, but that does nothing for the transmission. The stage one is great for the autos. Also the stage one can be a good thing for those who are nervous to use the Diablo tuner and would rather use the stage one pcm. What I would like to get for it is posted in the first post also. Thanks for your reply
Old 06 Jan 2016, 07:22 am
Veteran Cruiser

Yeah, I realize you posted what you want for it, but we all had to open the post first to see what it was all about. I need new LCA's a a couple of motor mounts and am so broke, I can't buy any of that. I'd love to have the stage 1 pcm on mine, just to see how much difference it would make, but can't afford it. Good luck with the sale, though. I think eventually someone here will realize what a good deal you're offering and snatch it up.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 06 Jan 2016, 08:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Yeah, I realize you posted what you want for it, but we all had to open the post first to see what it was all about. I need new LCA's a a couple of motor mounts and am so broke, I can't buy any of that. I'd love to have the stage 1 pcm on mine, just to see how much difference it would make, but can't afford it. Good luck with the sale, though. I think eventually someone here will realize what a good deal you're offering and snatch it up.
Thanks. If you have a stock tune. As in the oem pcm and no diablo tune on it. Stock psi is around 10, and should peak around 12 on a good day. But this all depends on temperature outside also. With the stage one pcm boost raises to 15 psi and peaks around 17 and from what ive read 15 psi is common with the stage one pcm. Now if you already have a diablo tune. Even just the preloaded 93 tune, that does more for the engine then the s1 pcm as in. From a stock oem pcm to 93 tune. My boost went from 10psi to 17-19 peaking 21-22 psi. but the diablo does nothing for the trans, which is where its nice to have the s1 pcm installed. From my experience with my car. After installing the pcm and doing the trans relearn. It does shift a lot lot better but boost was obviously lower then with the tune. So after returning the stock pcm to the stock tune I loaded the 93 tune onto the s1 pcm and am at the 17-19 psi mark peaking 21-22psi with a better shifting trans. Which is why imo if you have a auto gt that you benefit the most from having both the s1 and diablo tune. I never had the chance to get a custom tune but felt no need as the stock turbo really cant go any further with boost safely. I believe I remember reading somewhere the stock turbo can handle 24psi. With the boost im at im happy with the results and wouldn't go further without more upgrades. All my gt has is the s1 injectors, kinugawa blow off valve and the 3" elbow to a stock srt4 exhaust and haven't gone further with it as I enjoy it the way it is. Being a female, I surprise a lot of boys/men in my little pt cruiser who don't expect a female to drive past them like they're cars are nothing. Not only because im a female but also because they just got beat by a pt cruiser

That's my experience with the stage one and since my cousin doesn't want all that power, id really love to pass on this fun to another pt cruiser member rather then on ebay who I'd have no idea who its going to or after the sale that'd be the end of it. At least here, I can see its progress and watch it put a smile on some one else face as they enjoy it just as I did.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 06 Jan 2016, 01:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

This only works on a 2003, correct?
Old 06 Jan 2016, 01:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparman440 View Post
This only works on a 2003, correct?
Yep. The Stage 1 PCM's are unique. It's mainly a matter of the PCM controlling the variable speed radiator fan only used on the 2003 GT and Dream Cruiser. The 2004 and 2005 PCM's have been shown to be interchangeable even though there are different Mopar part numbers for each.
myckee likes this.
Old 06 Jan 2016, 02:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Yep. The Stage 1 PCM's are unique. It's mainly a matter of the PCM controlling the variable speed radiator fan only used on the 2003 GT and Dream Cruiser. The 2004 and 2005 PCM's have been shown to be interchangeable even though there are different Mopar part numbers for each.
one thing to note is that fan control can be overridden easily if one were to install a simple relay to a temperature switch from a toyota camry or similar and optionally a bypass wire to the ac compressor.
Closed Thread