Advertisements
2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Sell or Trade

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptcruisersteve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Apr 2016, 03:06 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Sell or Trade

Hey Guys, as much as I hate to do it, I need to either sell or trade the GT for a more economical vehicle. My son just got a part time job with Fed-X, but it's about a 120 mile a day round trip for him and the mileage on the PT isn't good enough for him to be driving it every day. I'm open to offers of either cash or a straight up trade. Bear in mind that this GT has a rebuilt TN title on it. It runs like a scalded dog and handles very nicely. I recently replaced the LCA's on it. Is it perfect? Hell no, it's 13 years old. BUT, it only has 126,000 miles on it and the timing belt, etc, were changed about 30,000 miles ago. The paint has some clear coat peel and fade on it and the chrome wheels are somewhat scuffed here and there. Interior is in very good shape with no rips or tears and the auto-stick works just fine. Frosty a/c too! The original factory am/fm/cassette/cd player sometimes stops displaying what station it's on. I haven't and won't look into what's up with that. I'm asking as much as I can get, but would like it to be in the $2,500 or up range. I won't take much less simply because it's a turbo. Shoot me offers and let me know what you might want to trade. No V-8's or V-6's please. I need four cylinder, automatic and it MUST have working a/c. NO EXCEPTIONS! I do have pictures of the GT somewhere here on the forum. If you want your own, PM me. I have a couple of extra windows and window parts too, if you want them.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Last edited by chuzz; 01 May 2016 at 08:46 am.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 04:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Sell or Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Hey Guys, as much as I hate to do it, I need to either sell or trade the GT for a more economical vehicle. My son just got a part time job with Fed-X, but it's about a 120 mile a day round trip for him and the mileage on the PT isn't good enough for him to be driving it every day. I'm open to offers of either cash or a straight up trade. Bear in mind that this GT has a rebuilt TN title on it. It runs like a scalded dog and handles very nicely. I recently replaced the LCA's on it. Is it perfect? Hell no, it's 13 years old. BUT, it only has 126,000 miles on it and the timing belt, etc, were changed about 30,000 miles ago. The paint has some clear coat peel and fade on it and the chrome wheels are somewhat scuffed here and there. Interior is in very good shape with no rips or tears and the auto-stick works just fine. Frosty a/c too! The original factory am/fm/cassette/cd player sometimes stops displaying what station it's on. I haven't and won't look into what's up with that. I'm asking as much as I can get, but would like it to be in the $1,500 or up range. I won't take less simply because it's a turbo. Shoot me offers and let me know what you might want to trade. No V-8's or V-6's please. I need four cylinder, automatic and it MUST have working a/c. NO EXCEPTIONS! I do have pictures of the GT somewhere here on the forum. If you want your own, PM me. I have a couple of extra windows and window parts too, if you want them.
I hope Fedex is paying your son enough to drive 60 miles each way. I have to keep reminding my wife who does contract work to only except jobs that pay enough for her to drive that far.
chuzz likes this.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 06:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Sell or Trade

He's making $11.30 an hour, Steve. But he's only getting 25 hours per week. There is room for advancement for people with computer knowledge and he is a computer NERD! He loves the damn things and that's good. Within 6 months he could potentially be making $20 an hour and be getting full benefits with a 40 hour work week. I'm very proud of him for staying with it, just to get the job he has now. This could finally be his "career move".

Aspire to inspire before you expire.