Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2009 Cruiser in Hollywood

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jun 2016, 12:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2009 Cruiser in Hollywood

Hello: FOR SALE -- 2009 PT Cruiser plain jane model. Two years ago I bought a 2009 Cruiser for my pregnant daughter. After about six months it started to stall and stop-and-start and a mechanic diagnosed it as a bad battery. That didn't fix the problem and both that mechanic and a second mechanic said it was the computer. But taking the advice of several of you in this forum (particularly NITROPT) I waited things out and, after several days of running the car, it stopped stalling. All went well for a year when my daughter -- now with our year-old granddaughter -- was driving on the freeway when it stalled out (fortunately it started right up again). It happened again while driving in the city -- so we took it to a reputable local mechanic, who said the battery had a dead cell and that the alternator was bad. So we replaced all that. Guess what -- that didn't solve the problem. The mechanic's diagnosis -- bad computer. So we just dropped almost a grand into it (including recharging the AC) and my daughter refuses to drive it anymore. All this by way of saying -- please make us an honest, fair offer on this vehicle -- it has 97,000 miles, the body is in good shape, interior a little ratty and -- for full disclosure -- it needs a radiator fan since -- though the AC works great -- the fan doesn't kick in at high speeds. Thanks one and all.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 01:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2009 Cruiser in Hollywood

You have any pictures you can post?

What was the codes if you have that information that it was determined to be a bad PCM?

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 13 Jun 2016 at 01:46 pm.