PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrome shifter bases - 1 Autostick , 2 regular

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2016, 10:20 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Chrome shifter bases - 1 Autostick , 1 regular

For sale are some original OEM chrome automatic shifter bases. One for GTs with an Autostick, and two non-autostick bases.

They should fit all PT Cruisers from 2001 thru 2010 with automatic transmissions. Please see further details in this thread about 2001-2002 compatibility. I previously wasn't sure if they would fit the early first gen or second gen cars, but Handy_Cruiser was able to confirm it! Thanks Handy!

The autostick version will only work if your car is a GT or if you have installed an autostick shifter in your car.

The chrome bases are in good condition. These are plastic with chrome plating on them. All of them have normal fine scratches from being in use but the last non-autostick base has some more than the others. Its not likely that they would be very noticeable in the car as I didn't notice it when I was removing it. The autostick shifter boot has a hole in it as well. The pictures should speak for themselves.

The cost will be $35USD each with free shipping in the US and Canada. Please contact me for international shipping costs.

AUTOSTICK

Non-autostick #1 SOLD!!

Non-autostick #2

Last edited by myckee; 05 Aug 2016 at 09:21 pm. Reason: non-gt base #1 sold
Old 25 Jul 2016, 10:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Chrome shifter bases - 1 Autostick , 2 regular

I cannot see the photos.

But I can confirm that the AutoStick shifter will work in a 2007 PT so it should be the same for other 2nd Gen's as well.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 11:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The links don't work for me. Might be on my end. Altervista may be blocked.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 11:45 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I cannot see the photos.

But I can confirm that the AutoStick shifter will work in a 2007 PT so it should be the same for other 2nd Gen's as well.

I can see the photos fine.

Handy, you posted above the the Autostick works in the G2's...but you didn't get it fully working yet. So, it fits & works as an Auto, but really...that's all the info you have right now.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 25 Jul 2016, 11:56 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionPT View Post

Handy, you posted above the the Autostick works in the G2's...but you didn't get it fully working yet. So, it fits & works as an Auto, but really...that's all the info you have right now.
FWIW, I took it to mean that he was saying that G1 or G2 - the shifter base will work autostick to autostick and non-autostick to non-autostick. Not that you could just buy the autostick and plug it into your G2. Mykee is selling the bases, so you would have to match your shifter, but I can't see the pictures. Most of those hosting sites are blocked here, so that is nothing new. I probably shouldn't be posting in this thread since I have a manual and barely even look at auto cars when I visit the yard, but that's all of your tough luck!
Old 25 Jul 2016, 12:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionPT View Post

Yep. These are just the base covers. Someone would need the full Autostick shifter, and possibly the right instrument cluster and/or the right PCM flash to use the Autostick function in a 2nd Gen that didn't come with one. That's all I'm saying here. It bolts up fine and works great as a regular shifter at this point. That I can confirm.

Since I have spare 1st Gen and 2nd shifters, I will try swapping the base covers when I get home and I will report back so we can confirm that too.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 25 Jul 2016 at 12:20 pm.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 07:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I just confirmed it!

A 1st Gen base cover fits perfectly on a 2nd Gen automatic shifter. If I didn't already have an AutoStick shifter, I would definitely be getting one of those chrome base covers to put in my 2007 convertible.
myckee likes this.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 09:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I just confirmed it!

A 1st Gen base cover fits perfectly on a 2nd Gen automatic shifter. If I didn't already have an AutoStick shifter, I would definitely be getting one of those chrome base covers to put in my 2007 convertible.
Awesome! Thanks Todd! I will edit the listing to show that it will fit both first and second gen cars.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 07:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Sale pending for the Autostick base.

The other two are still available.