PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Composite Turbo manifolds

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2016, 11:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Composite Turbo manifolds

I have two composite manifolds for turbos that I'm not gonna use. Upper, Lower and modesty cover no bolt are included. I don't really know what they are going for so make me a offer and let's go from there. Thanks! Items are located in Maryland.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160529_164755.jpg (90.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 08 Sep 2016, 05:57 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Composite Turbo manifolds

Sent you a PM.
Old 08 Sep 2016, 11:10 am
Cool Cruiser

Hey guys, I decided to go a different route... Didn't want anyone to think I had claimed this... Good seller, good communication.
Old 21 Sep 2016, 01:23 am
Regular Cruiser

One sold one left!
Old 06 Oct 2016, 05:00 am
Regular Cruiser

Last call on it or out it goes!
Old 06 Oct 2016, 08:15 am
Veteran Cruiser

If I had any money, I'd make an offer. I'm curious as to how mine would run with the composite intake vs. the OEM aluminum one that's on it. Anyone know? Are there any advantages in swapping?

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 06 Oct 2016, 11:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
If I had any money, I'd make an offer. I'm curious as to how mine would run with the composite intake vs. the OEM aluminum one that's on it. Anyone know? Are there any advantages in swapping?
You won't see any gains. Dino's within the margin of error. The rumored gains were falsehoods put forth by a Chrysler employee passing himself off is an engineer. If you like this look all good. But if you locking for something to feel from the gas pedal get you a tuning box. Not sure you can get one for this price.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 06 Oct 2016, 12:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
No one has posted any actual dyno runs either to confirm or deny this that I've seen. But as Busted stated, there seems to be no verifiable reports of actual performance gains with these plastic intakes. If anyone actually has dyno information, they likely only have one run with the plastic intake and one run with the aluminum one. And that's not enough to verify much from a statistical standpoint if the gain is less than about 12%.

If there is any advantage, it would be in a more equal airflow to all cylinders. Reading through what info is available, that was the actual inference buried beneath the hype. And it may or may not be true and any improvement might not be enough to even matter.

To me, I like the look of the plastic intake better. The aluminum intake looks kind of skinny and anemic to me. It also tarnishes and can sometimes look dull. The plastic intake looks more modern and aggressive. Again, this is just a matter of aesthetics and personal preference. For a 2003 GT, a Stage 1 kit (PCM and injectors) is going to be the best bang for the buck, hands down.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 06 Oct 2016 at 12:50 pm.
Old 06 Oct 2016, 12:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here we go again.

The plastic intake will not develop as much power as the aluminum!

I suggested that anyone that has simple common sence can do some basic measuring of of both intakes.

There are lots of *DYNO results done comparing the 2 that I have personally performed as well as a couple of shops independently flow testing the intakes. However no one seems to want to share results of similar testing to talk about it. LOL

This is a NO BRAINER for performance gears heads that know what they are doing. CC the fricken intakes and or do a simplified flow test. Its easy and fun.

There is no comparison to the looks of a polished aluminum or powder coated intake over a plastic composite intake with all it fugliness. Maybe that is the real reason Chrysler has a COVER for them? lol

As a long time DYNO operating and having owned and operated a engine,chassis and portable chassis DYNO over the years.
Read this and many more like it, try to learn from what is being suggested as good information?

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...yno-lying.html
Careful DELTA and DYNO adjustment before a run and repeatable multiple testing is essential to get a accurate reports.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 06 Oct 2016 at 01:04 pm.
Old 06 Oct 2016, 03:07 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I'm not one that's into aesthetics. I'm at the age and point in my life that I don't give a crap how it looks, as long as it's reliable. Nobody's looking under the hood of my cars except me and I'm good with the looks of the aluminum intake. I just wondered if there were any advantages and thanks to you guys, I see there's not. Thank you. Frankly, I don't really like the looks of the composite intake anyway.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.