PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
FOR SALE 04 PTGT Getrag Low Mile Show Ready

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Sep 2016, 02:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default FOR SALE 04 PTGT Getrag Low Mile Show Ready

Ok PT Friends - due to an upgrade needed to our winter ride and to pay off some debt, unfortunately it's time to say goodbye to the PT. I would love to see him go to someone who will care for and enjoy it as much as I have these past 13 years. Show ready, needs not a thing and low mileage, please let me know asap if you have an interest and what you feel it's worth, as I will be making a decision to let the dealership have it probably within the next couple of days! Check out the add by following the link. Don't be turned off by the listed price - I have come to realize I won't be able to get what I feel it is worth, and want it to go to someone who appreciates it... I have also contemplated selling the hood separately along with some other parts (I have the original hood).
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7624/overview/
Old 27 Sep 2016, 11:25 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: FOR SALE 04 PTGT Getrag Low Mile Show Ready

Good looking ride Too bad you have to let her go. I wouldn't do no trade in on it that's for sure! They won't give you squat for it. As for what it's worth to dealers on a trade in value; take the Blackbook value and minus 40% -50% Most dealerships of course will make it look better then that. At least here in Alberta. I had a 2003 GT with approximately 7000km and about $6-to $8000 into it with a rebuilt motor and a Brand new BWS ect.. Dealer trade in value $3100 they were going to give me I got lucky and I was able to get $5100.00 Cnd selling privately lol There are more Pts for sale here, then raisons in Raisin Brand Pt's have had there days but now they are a thing of the past and you couldn't give them away here Just sayin'
If you decide to trade it in, I suggest you take off what you could sell and make some cash that way. Dealerships don't care what it has because bottom line it's a Pt to them.
Good luck on your quest
Old 27 Sep 2016, 12:54 pm
Regular Cruiser

Bummer for sure. I just would like to see it go to someone who will care for it.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 01:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

Are you considering selling it to a dealership? They might give you about half of what they think they could get for it.

Does it really have only 44,000 miles? Wow, that's low. If I was an interested buyer, I would certainly like to see pictures of the interior.

This may sound harsh, but if I were an interested buyer, I would prefer the car to be totally stock and unmolested. I would rather buy something that was well taken care of and modify it to my tastes than pick up something that someone wasn't satisfied with the performance of and kept spending money to make it faster.
As it is, I would prefer it to at least look stock (go back to stock hood and blue roof, lose the excess chrome). I could live with the go-fast mods, but the looks have been changed to your taste and not mine.
I am giving honest advise that you may or may not agree with, but I really like the car and appreciate you for taking such good care of it. If I was in the market for a PT, and you weren't so far away, I would give you a call.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 08:59 am
Cool Cruiser

This would be a great car for me to pull all the GT out of and put into mine, but alas I don't have any money to do that. Not serious, would you take $200, Because that's literally all I have. (broke college kid)

EDIT: now for something useful. Definitely sell privately, don't trade in. Put the original Hood back on, take off any Mods you can easily remove and sell separately.

EDIT2: WOW you live right near my hometown.

04' GT Manual Purple PT Mileage: 95k (Died Spring 2018)
05' N/A Automatic Red PT Mileage:121k (Died summer 2017)

Last edited by UnitD77; 30 Sep 2016 at 09:53 am.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 12:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitD77 View Post
This would be a great car for me to pull all the GT out of and put into mine, but alas I don't have any money to do that. Not serious, would you take $200, Because that's literally all I have. (broke college kid)

EDIT: now for something useful. Definitely sell privately, don't trade in. Put the original Hood back on, take off any Mods you can easily remove and sell separately.

EDIT2: WOW you live right near my hometown.
Obviously your crazy or you made a major typing error. "would you take $200, Because that's literally all I have. (broke college kid)""

Last edited by muzicmax; 30 Sep 2016 at 12:16 pm.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 12:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Nice and clean with very tasteful mods.
Good Luck.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Oct 2016, 11:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicmax View Post
Obviously your crazy or you made a major typing error. "would you take $200, Because that's literally all I have. (broke college kid)""
I did say "not serious" right before that didn't I? I also explained i'm broke... So no, not a typo.

04' GT Manual Purple PT Mileage: 95k (Died Spring 2018)
05' N/A Automatic Red PT Mileage:121k (Died summer 2017)
Old 02 Oct 2016, 08:21 am
Regular Cruiser

New price - biting the bullet - $4999 see the ad
Old 02 Oct 2016, 12:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevhead View Post
New price - biting the bullet - $4999 see the ad
Wow that was quite a drop from $8000.00 You shouldn't have any problems selling it at that price with the low mileage and being the only owner
I still think you should strip it back to stock if you are able and sell the parts separately. That's just my opinion of course. That hood is really hard to find now. I guess if you replace the hood then it might kind of look weird with the roof being white. To me it might anyways But then again it might not lol You should find buyers on here for the goodies you take off. All those extra stuff are getting harder and harder to buy now. I would bet you the buyer of your car wouldn't even appreciate any of it you had added on. Only us Pt fanatics do.
Not only that but it wouldn't take long to do either.
All inside chrome ect...
Hood
Chrome hood shocks
Engine Strut bar
Airforce One Cold Air intake
Chrome rings
TYC Backup lights
Your car would still look great and you could make some extra $$$ to compensate the price drop a little.

On a side note: I apologize UnitD77 I missed that part lol

Last edited by muzicmax; 02 Oct 2016 at 12:50 pm.

Tags
04gt, for sale