2006 GT Wagon For Sale

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Dec 2016, 12:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 GT Wagon For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGT06 View Post
So you're saying that I should have the timing belt job done AND reduce the price by $1,000-$1,500?......................
Your current asking price is probably what someone would pay, if the timing belt work had already been done. Anyone looking at older PT's will most likely know this and take that into consideration. Since the work has not yet been done on your PT, if you reduce the price by $1000- $1500, you might get more inquiries, because that's about what any new owner would have to put into your PT, to get them a reliable vehicle that will last them for a while.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
149k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 22 Dec 2016, 07:26 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Yes, Palm Bay borders Melbourne to the south-on the mainland on the east coast about 35-40 miles south west of KSC where they used to launch the Space Shuttles from........

Palm Bay is divided into quadrants.......SE, SW, NE and NW from the city's center.......we are in the SW quadrant......
Man, I was in Melbourne yesterday and drove through Palm Bay. I sure hope you don't live along Dixie Highway as the smell along the bay was terrible! It smelled like raw sewage. Anyway, I had to take the wife to her pain management doctor. To get there, I traveled 60 towards Vero Beach, cut across 512 and then over to Malabar and hooked a right on Malabar Hwy then left on Dixie Highway. Did I get anywhere near where you are?

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson
Charlie
Old 22 Dec 2016, 12:44 pm
Young Cruiser

I know exactly where Lake Wales is. On US1 & Palm Bay road (the smell is because of dry rotting vegetation that always happens when the water lever in the river gets low due to little to no rain......its awful up that way I know.

Along there you were about 12 miles NE of where I am.....

I'm WAY out Malabar Rd, about 5.5 miles west of I 95.....
Old 23 Dec 2016, 07:07 am
Young Cruiser

Wink Re: 2006 GT Wagon For Sale

Guys, Yesterday, Thursday 12/22/16 We sold the PT Cruiser to a real nice man in his mid-late 40s......he was buying it for his 72 year old Mom for Christmas.

She had wanted A PT Cruiser and he had been looking for 1 for a while........

He didn't hardly want to drive it, I had to insist!

He agreed to pay our asking price as well.

He gave a $100 cash deposit as well....

He seemed to know (he asked) about IF the engine used a timing belt and confirmed that he understood that it really should be changed at 100k miles..

They are picking it up on Monday......

Today I am picking up a 5 quart jug of the Mobil 1 oil I've used and a filter for him to go along with the Cruiser...

I had also bought air filters online a while back (I have 3 left) and will also be including these for him......

He was driving a Jeep that was lifted and such, so I believe he is a car-minded type of guy.....
Old 23 Dec 2016, 07:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Guys, Yesterday, Thursday 12/22/16 We sold the PT Cruiser to a real nice man in his mid-late 40s......he was buying it for his 72 year old Mom for Christmas.

She had wanted A PT Cruiser and he had been looking for 1 for a while........

He didn't hardly want to drive it, I had to insist!

He agreed to pay our asking price as well.

He gave a $100 cash deposit as well....

He seemed to know (he asked) about IF the engine used a timing belt and confirmed that he understood that it really should be changed at 100k miles..

They are picking it up on Monday......

Today I am picking up a 5 quart jug of the Mobil 1 oil I've used and a filter for him to go along with the Cruiser...

I had also bought air filters online a while back (I have 3 left) and will also be including these for him......

He was driving a Jeep that was lifted and such, so I believe he is a car-minded type of guy.....
What a nice Christmas present, glad to hear your PT found a good home, I'm sure you hate to see it go.

USMC '82 - '93
Old 23 Dec 2016, 08:24 am
Veteran Cruiser

Congratulations on the sale and for getting the price you wanted! A Christmas miracle indeed!

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson
Charlie
Old 23 Dec 2016, 11:24 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks Guys! Yes, I think our PT is going to a good home.

I WAS indeed shocked at the fact he didn't negotiate at all.

Thats why I am going the extra mile in getting him the oil & filter.

We've had trouble with the windshield washer nozzles over the years, I feel that they are in a bad place and poor design & materials.....

In the begining I went TO Chrysler and paid up for FACTORY nozzles, then bought the aftermarket ones with the LED lights (DID NOT use the lights), I recently bought factory-style replacements that won't spray worth crap, so I just also bought a kit from the "help" rack and will be installing THESE new nozzles before the man & his Mom pick up the PT.

I have gone over all the paperwork/reciepts for parts we've bought over the years, shared the tire reciept that allows FREE rotation for the life of the tires, the reciept for the 6 month old battery from Sam's club inviting him to CALL me IF the battery fails BEFORE the 3 year free replacement warranty is up.

We enjoyed the PT very much, and I'm just trying to ensure that his Mom does as well.......
Old 23 Dec 2016, 11:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks Guys! Yes, I think our PT is going to a good home.

I WAS indeed shocked at the fact he didn't negotiate at all.

Thats why I am going the extra mile in getting him the oil & filter.

We've had trouble with the windshield washer nozzles over the years, I feel that they are in a bad place and poor design & materials.....

In the begining I went TO Chrysler and paid up for FACTORY nozzles, then bought the aftermarket ones with the LED lights (DID NOT use the lights), I recently bought factory-style replacements that won't spray worth crap, so I just also bought a kit from the "help" rack and will be installing THESE new nozzles before the man & his Mom pick up the PT.

I have gone over all the paperwork/reciepts for parts we've bought over the years, shared the tire reciept that allows FREE rotation for the life of the tires, the reciept for the 6 month old battery from Sam's club inviting him to CALL me IF the battery fails BEFORE the 3 year free replacement warranty is up.

We enjoyed the PT very much, and I'm just trying to ensure that his Mom does as well.......
I don't want to sound morbid, and I hope the mother enjoys the PT for many years to come, I doubt she will put many mIles on it, but I think the son will have a PT in his future.

USMC '82 - '93
Old 23 Dec 2016, 02:28 pm
Young Cruiser

I hear ya (We're 59) My Mom drove up until she was 83, my Grandfather volunteered to give up HIS license at 90..........

Somehow the PTs became old ladys vehicles......not sure how that happened....

I've seen a few that were customized in the begining by the younger crowd too....

I'm actually surprised he bought a GT for his Mom, I'm guessing it was the condition and LOW miles that was the reason, and plus that if you don't romp on it the GT is pretty much the same as any other PT......

All I know is that (again) I have gone way over and above to make our PT as nice as I can, and we both have absolutely no regrets in selling in good faith.
Old 23 Dec 2016, 03:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm glad you were able to sell it for around what you wanted. And it's always nice to sell to someone that appears to have mechanical ability of their own. That way you can have more assurance that the buyer actually knows what they are getting.