Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What would you offer for my car?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2004, 01:44 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptcruzin42
Default What would you offer for my car?

Please don't be scared that you'll offend me I'm just interested to know what kind of offers I could get for this thing.
Check it out on the web page
www.nytmarept.com
Fully paneled out, flamed, air bagged, it's got it all. Check the mod list.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 04:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

GREAT looking PT. Sorry, I'm not really in the market to buy. But, it's a bad time to sell. With all the great mods you've done, you have to find just the right person that wants what you have done and is prepared to pay for it. With so many PT's for sale and the dealers cash back and low financing, most people will go for a near stock PT and either leave it that way or do it up themselves. With everything you've done, your probably in the high 20's to low 30's, but as I said, a brand new high output GT convertible with no miles and full warranty is the same price. Just my $.02
Old 23 Jun 2004, 05:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

'I'll bid $1, Bob.'

Hey man, I met you at Daytona and your car looks great, but timing is everything. If you ask for a value on it right now, with the hype over the convertible going strong, you're not going to hear numbers you like at all. You may not have heard what you want to hear anyway, but right now everyone wants a droptop unless you just happen to find that one guy that has to have your car.There's one of those guys out there for everyone's car, and if you find him (or her), he'll give you his first-born for it.
Right now, I'de guestimate seeing your car go for somewhere between $20k and $25K, but that's if it's a turbo (I can't remember if yours is) and the interior is finished correctly and looks well done.
Just remember, no matter what kind of car you have, if you do anything that major, you almost *never* get out of it what you have in it.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 23 Jun 2004, 06:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

You can expect 1/2 to 1/3 of the amount you have put into the car. Ask anyone who has restored/modified a classic car. No one gets even close to the amount of money put into a car. It's only worth doing it yourself if the car is a keeper.
Remember potential buyers are not paying for all the labor costs you incurred, only the final product, and at a reduced cost of what you paid.
On the other hand, there is a buyer for everything. Your car looks awesome and it looks like it was done right. Someone will snag it.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 09:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

The problem with any custom is you have to find someone who is willing to pay a decent price and thats not going to be easy..There was a beautiful 38 Chevy coupe the guy had bills for $ 165 K and it went for $ 58 K and it took allot of work to get that.

PT Tuning had a panel with a ton of stuff done that sold in the low $20 K range

My advice keep it.

Old 24 Jun 2004, 12:54 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptcruzin42

I plan on keeping it [8D]
I was just wondering. []

I'd only let it go if someone actually came up to me at a show or something and offered me the right price.
Old 24 Jun 2004, 10:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz

To a real PT fan, you could get $25K+ in my view. Awsome job.

How do you like the air ride? thinking about going that route. Is it alot better the springs?
Good luck selling that NYTMARE![:X]
Old 27 Jun 2004, 12:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to wbslws

I would not have an idea of an offer, that is one beautiful PT!

Love the flames and the panel conversion.[8)]