Advertisements
Platinum Edition part out

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jdhaulr1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2017, 06:45 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Platinum Edition part out

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser Platinum Edition Turbo that I am parting out, it's still a complete car except for the seats have been sold, it's all there. You can text me at 520-705-1696, let me know what you need, we can discuss the details from there, thank you, I am located in AZ
Old 19 Feb 2017, 06:57 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Platinum Edition part out

Here is the only pic I currently have of the car, I will try to post more pics tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00606_csvrBQBuReN_1200x900.jpg (94.3 KB, 41 views)
Old 19 Feb 2017, 07:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You can do what you want to do, but seems a shame to part it out rather than trying to sell it complete. You'll likely sell a few parts but will most likely end up with the shell to dispose of.

I see the clearcoat peeling on the roof, other than that, it may help for others interested, but what is wrong with the vehicle mechanically, does it not run?

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
146k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 19 Feb 2017, 08:36 pm
Young Cruiser

It does run but the turbo is out and I'm not really sure what else is wrong with it, I originally purchased the car for the engine, which I still am thinking about pulling out to keep, for a neon sleeper project I was going to put together but have recently decided to scrap that idea so I don't know, I would consider selling the car as a whole if someone is interested, by the way it does have a clean title but was not very well taken care of honesty, if there is interest in the car as it sits I would consider it
Old 20 Feb 2017, 08:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

These turbos are fairly cheap and even cheaper to rebuild. Also, you will probably end up needing lots off stuff car if you swap the engine into a Neon. I'd keep most of the car if I was going to try something like that. But here's a list of goodies you like won't need for the Neon swap that would be of interest to others:

Chrome fuel door.
Chrome door lock pulls.
Chrome shifter base.
Silver pedals. (user needs complete petals, not just covers)
Steering wheel with silver inserts.
Grill with silver accents.
Turbo bumper with silver accents.
Chrome 16 inch wheels.
"Turbo" front brakes.
Platinum badges on fenders and hatch.
Spoiler on hatch.
Dark Grey (black) leather seats with silver inserts.
Dark Grey underseat drawer and seat pedestal. (will work under passenger or driver side)
Satellite Receiver and Harness. (some models)
Oval-face stereo (5 CD charger model?)

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 20 Feb 2017 at 08:22 am.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 12:49 pm
Young Cruiser

Yes I actually just rebuilt the turbo on a 2005 touring edition pt convertible and it was very easy to do, I know that it would take a lot more than a turbo rebuild to get this particular car back on the road. As far as all the pieces you listed Handy Cruiser, I have everything except for the seats, I will more than likely keep the turbo engine (unless someone is interested in it) and go through it just to have for myself and sell all the other pieces you mentioned, all the glass is good as well as the doors, even the power windows work, drivers door has a small amount of damage but all in all there are a lot of good parts on this car so if anyone is interested in anything on the car please let me know
Handy_Cruiser likes this.