2003-05 GT Chrome Bumpers & OEM Chrome Accent Grille & More Chrome

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsciguy
  • 1 Post By mrsciguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Mar 2017, 07:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2003-05 GT Chrome Bumpers & OEM Chrome Accent Grille & More Chrome

Some of you have followed my posts and ebay listings for my 03 Dreamer parts. And I've relisted those that have not sold yet again on ebay, but will take offers here on the forum as I can save some ebay charges and pass that on. More pictures on ebay.

Email: mrsciguy@hotmail.com CELL 302-270-3635

Link for the bumpers: Pair Chrome Plated Steel Bumper Covers for Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Turbo 2003-05 | eBay

Link for the grille: OEM Chrome Accent Grille Set for Chrysler PT Dream Cruiser 2 or GT Turbo 2003-05

I want !50 for the grille plus shipping. More pictures on ebay for these items.
Here's a list of all the items I have for sale (shipping not included):

- 2003 Ownerís Manual $10

- 2003 OEM GT Chrome Accent Grille $150

- 2003 GT OEM Left and Right Headlight Units $20

- Chrome Front and Rear Bumpers $249

- Cargo Liner by Husky $59

- Interior Dash Chrome Trim for Vents, Knobs for Center Bezel $49

- Chrome Beltline Kit $45

- Cover for Spare Tire Release Nut $10

18' by 3/8 " New Roll of Adhesive Chrome Wheel / Body Trim Molding $14

"Hereís the story on why these 2003 Series 2 Dream Cruiser / GT Turbo parts and accessories are available: Most of the items would fit any 2001-2005 PT Cruiser, but some are specific to only GTs / Dreamers.

I bought the orange Dream Cruiser new in 2003 and added the chrome bumpers, and a lot of other chrome features. Since the Series 2 did not have the chrome grille that was available on the other color GTs, I ordered one in gray primer from Chrysler and took it to a body shop that ordered the tangerine pearl paint and did the grille for me. I found another orange dreamer with low mileage in 2015 and took off the chrome bumpers and chrome grille from my first one to put on the second one. I then sold the first one. I planned on getting the second one repainted and bought a lot of new chrome accessories to put on it. However, the car overheated and ended up with a cracked engine block that made it not worthwhile to repair it. So I sold the second one to someone who also had an orange dreamer that was in a crash, but had a good engine. He put his engine in my cruiser and got it repainted, and uses it daily."

THE CHROME ACCENT GRILLE DETAILS:

Unfortunately, when Chrysler introduced the factory chrome grille on the GT Cruisers in 2003, they did not do it for the orange Series 2 Dream Cruisers. If you wanted one for your orange dreamer, the only way to get one was to order it in gray primer and then get a body shop to get the paint and paint it for you. Thatís what I did right soon after buying my car new from the dealer. This was quite expensive to have done, but looked spectacular, particularly with the chrome bumpers that Iíd also had installed by PT Woody. Before I sold the car, I removed the chrome grille and put the original one back on. So I am now selling the chrome grille top and bottom set. The bottom grille which goes below the bumper was never put on my vehicle and is brand new, unused, with the chrome strips still in the factory packaging (see picture). The upper grille is in excellent condition. Please use the multiple pictures to help assess condition.

One picture is of my car in 2003 with this grille installed. Enlarge it for greater detail.

Hereís a great chance to dress up your Series 2 Dream Cruiser and make it stand out from the others. You know there werenít many owners who wanted a factory chrome grille enough to do what I did. And you also know that the chances of ever finding one for sale in "Tangerine Pearl" are slim to none.

THIS IS NOT A SET OF PLASTIC ADHESIVE CHROME STRIPS THAT PEOPLE USE TO TRY TO DUPLICATE THE FACTORY CHROME GRILLE. THE OEM CHRYSLSER PRODUCT HAS HIGH QUALITY CHROME THAT WILL LAST FOREVER!

This grille will NOT fit a non-Turbo Cruiser. The chrome strips can be removed if you want to get it painted to a different color and then put them back in. Do your homework before bidding as I wonít take returns for not fitting your car. I know they will fit any 2003 GT Cruiser, but thatís my only guarantee.

Shipping weight is about 7 pounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020885.jpg (92.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg front bumper.jpg (73.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1020716.jpg (88.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg P1020715.jpg (85.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P1020714.jpg (85.1 KB, 20 views)
rckstein likes this.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 07:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2003-05 GT Chrome Bumpers & OEM Chrome Accent Grille & More Chrome

That grill is sweet, that's exactly how the DC2's should have come from the factory

Sorry to hear that you had to get rid of your DC2, but glad to hear that someone else was able to keep it on the road

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
143K Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '83 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 31 Mar 2017 at 08:01 pm.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 09:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2003-05 GT Chrome Bumpers & OEM Chrome Accent Grille & More Chrome

You always have kind words, thanks. I agree with you that the DC2 should have had the chrome accent grille right from the factory that way the other GTs did in 03. I loved that look and ended up getting it, but only at great expense. Also held up better than cutting chrome trim with adhesive backing to fit on each grille strip! I also thought the PT Woody beltline looked great along with the PT Wood chrome bumper overlays.
rckstein likes this.

Tags
03-05 gt, dream series 2, turbo