COMING SOON: "Retro" '05 PT Cruiser

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Nov 2017, 01:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: COMING SOON: "Retro" '05 PT Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontpetey View Post
I'm kind of surprised how long it is taking to get this settled, but that may be to my benefit in the end. They asked me to upload any receipts I had for work done to the car in the last year. I uploaded $4K worth of receipts, so maybe they will take that into account in the valuation of the car.

My hope is that they will decide that's its NOT totaled. Once I get all that settled I can decide with a clear mind what the next step is...
Ya never know, hopefully it will be in your benefit. Here's what you do; gather EVERY receipt you have right down to any custom paint to a vent knob. Even anything you bought off eBay. Even any motor stuff you have done recently even plugs, wires ect...
For example I had a 91 Chevrolet truck and it was hit on the box from my neighbour. All it had was a big dent in it that I could easily fix.
I pleaded my case with my insurance adjuster they sent out. I pleaded with him because I had just done all this work to it. He told me to supply every receipt I had and when he figured it all out, he called and gave me the news they would pay me $2700.00 and write it off lmao I just about fell over. Or I could take a cash payout of $2200 and keep the truck.
I went with the cash option and truck and turned around and sold it for $1200. All and all I got over $3000.00 for a 1991 S10 LMAO
As far as I was concerned it was a piece of junk.
So plea hard and talk nice to the adjuster...You may be surprised!
Old 30 Nov 2017, 09:17 am
Fanatic Cruiser

SOLD...
rckstein and LionPT like this.
Old 03 Dec 2017, 08:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontpetey View Post
SOLD...

I hope you told the new owner to join the forum and post about your old, their new PT, so that you can keep up with it

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
151k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 04 Dec 2017, 09:24 am
Fanatic Cruiser

It's going to a great home in Colorado. The buyer LOVES PT's and has the same '05 in stock form. She is very excited to have it as she always wanted to do a retro PT. It is hard to let my baby go, but at least it's going to a great home.

I'm unsure what my plans are going forward. I really want to stick with three cars (Retro was my 4th). It was never my intention to get rid of the car, but fate had other plans. For now, I'll drive my Fiat and get myself in a better financial position. I may get another PT in a year or so - there seem to be plenty of deals out there and I do love them...
rckstein likes this.