Advertisements
Gen1 Underseat Drawer

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2018, 08:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Gen1 Underseat Drawer

Came across this while at the salvage yard today, too good to pass up so hopefully somebody can use it in their PT

It includes the frame and side trim pieces, all in very good condition, especially since coming out of an '01 Limited Edition (VIN 3C8FY4BB61T542019).

I am not that familiar with the Gen1 interior colors, but it appears to be a dark gray? But if you have a Gen1, you should be able to identify the color and if it will go with your PT.

Somebody did all the hard work as all the seats were gone, so all I had to do was remove 2 bolts and this was mine. This would be the perfect addition to your PT if yours never had one under the passenger seat, or a perfect addition if you want to add a second drawer under the drivers seat as some have done that mod. But I hated to see it go to waste and hopefully somebody will give it a good home.

The price is $15 plus actual shipping charges (estimated to be $15-$20).

In the next couple of days I will pack it up and take it to my local post office to be weighed so that I will know the exact weight of the entire package.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
153k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 05 Feb 2018, 12:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Gen1 Underseat Drawer

New Lower Price: $10 plus actual shipping charges.

The package weighs 10 lbs and measures: 20" x 14" x 10"

This is the shipping estimates that I got:

USPS $28
FEDEX $50
UPS $40

For anyone that is interested, if you find a cheaper shipping method, please let me know and I will certainly use it.

But what is the deal with shipping charges these days

Even though the package actual physical weight is 10 lbs., using the UPS website, their billable weight is 17 lbs. because they take into account the package dimensions.

USMC '82 - '93
Old 05 Feb 2018, 05:19 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Dimensional weight is nothing new, man. I used to run an overnight delivery service and contracted with Airborne Express. They also charge dimensional weight. If you had a 24"x24"x12" box that weight 2 pounds and a box the same size that weighed 10 lbs, the heavy box was cheaper to ship. Made no sense to me, but that's how it's always been done.

Ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated but there's no fixing stupid!
Old 05 Feb 2018, 05:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Dimensional weight is nothing new, man. I used to run an overnight delivery service and contracted with Airborne Express. They also charge dimensional weight. If you had a 24"x24"x12" box that weight 2 pounds and a box the same size that weighed 10 lbs, the heavy box was cheaper to ship. Made no sense to me, but that's how it's always been done.
I know dimensional weight is nothing new, but it just seems that shipping something has gotten ridiculous. But just like everything else, prices are rising.

There are Ebay sellers that offer a pre-painted front bumper cover for $200, which has to be a very large box, and they offer free shipping. They obviously must get a very good discount on shipping, but how can they still offer free shipping on an item that can't have that much profit margin built into it when they have to buy it and paint it.

I work for a very large company and we get a very good discount to ship via FEDEX. The other day one of our drivers took an 8" x 12" envelope to be shipped. He was initially told it would be $70 for overnight, but then the FEDEX counter person was a trainee and when another, more experienced, employee came over and looked up our company account, the price went down to $4.50.

USMC '82 - '93