Advertisements
A/C Compressor for Gen 1 w/ Manual Trans

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smarq17

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 May 2020, 06:19 am
Young Cruiser

Default A/C Compressor for Gen 1 w/ Manual Trans

I bought this A/C compressor from eBay for $85 plus delivery and taxes. Altogether it cost me approx $110.

I am asking for $50 plus you pay for shipping. It will be ready to go immediately. If you look around the interwebs for this same compressor, the average cost ranges from $100 to $120 on the low end.

Anyways, long story short, this compressor (10S15C) is designed to fit a PT with a manual trans - my PT has an auto trans so I needed a different model (10S17C) - therefore I have no use for it.

I believe, but am not sure, that this compressor might also be a fit for Gen 2 PT Cruisers. I will let you decide if this application works or not. I am NOT a mechanic, but I see no specific information concerning the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 involved here. So do your own research and be aware of this possibility.

Just for information, I am able and willing to post this for sale on eBay if you feel safer doing business there instead of here. We can discuss this further if you are interested. Either way, I am looking forward to sending this to a fellow PT lover that can actually use it in it's correct application.

Full disclosure time: there was a small crack in the housing found by my mechanic when the installation was attempted. I was told that the crack would cause no issues as to how the compressor would operate but could maybe cause it to "not last as long" if the crack grew over time. He said he would have recommended to install it if the compressor had been the correct fit for my PT regardless of there being a crack or not based on the location.

A photo showing this crack and it's location on the compressor is included along with the stock photos, which accurately depict the actual compressor, attached below.

As is usually the case here - my loss is your gain. So let's get this forum cracking again!

Here are the details:
*Condition: 100% Brand New and High Quality. (Installation was attempted.)
*Built according to the original factory specifications (model #10S15C).
*Perfect match for 2001-05 PT Cruisers with man trans.
*Replaces OEM Numbers:
CO 27001C, 19193594, 5278-724AA, 650401, 883451002, 68338, 78387, 78399, 6511514, 1027001, 6511514, 0610119
Use the underlined numbers to search for more detailed specs online.

Here is the Rock Auto link for further information:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ompressor,6628

Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 20 May 2020, 02:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: A/C Compressor for Gen 1 w/ Manual Trans

I sold the compressor locally - not available anymore. Thanks anyways.