Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2001 Basset Hound PT Cruiser 4 Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2004, 11:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default 2001 Basset Hound PT Cruiser 4 Sale

[|)]Yes, the Basset Hound PT Cruiser is for sale. I've decided that it's too difficult to show dogs and a car so the dogs won out. We've had a blast putting all the ideas and parts together, but I can't justify the expense of a third car right now. The asking price is $13,000.

This PT Cruiser was featured in Volume 2, Number 3 edition of Cruiser Quarterly (I'll include a mint copy with purchase). It has won numerous awatds at car shows. Chrysler employees selected it as a semi-finalist for the 2003 PT Cruiser Block Party in Pomona, California. Out of the thousands of PT Cruisers at the event, a photograph of this PT Cruiser was selected to be on the "Motorway" section of several local newspapers through out Southern California.

We have tried, the best we can to make the Basset Hound PT Cruiser in the fashion of a late 1950s street rod. The nose down rake and retro sedan styling takes the PT Cruiser back to the ‘50s. We have capitalized on these features by adding some additional features of our own for the ultimate retro street rod of that era. The Inferno Red paint has been pinstriped and sprayed with hot rod flames reminiscent of the late ‘50s by John Esposito. To that, we have added bumpers from a 1936 Ford pick-up truck, curved to echo the shape of the bottom of the PTeazer grille in front and straight in the rear to allow the license plate, that is frenched into the roll pan, to show. To add to the retro look running boards with black covers and lake pipes underneath have been included in the package. At each end of the running boards are steel, powder coated (better than paint) and pinstriped, smoothies with baby moon caps, beauty rings and wide whitewall street tires, a typical tire and wheel combination from ‘50s street rods. Extra chrome accents have been added inside, under the hood and outside. Even the windshield wipers are chrome. Extra Inferno Red accents have been added to the interior. There is even a photograph from the ‘50s of Elvis holding a couple of Basset Hounds left on the underside of the passenger visor from the “owner’s girl” and a bobbing head basset hound on the dash.

Pam and I are the original owners. The Cruiser was ordered April 4th of 2000 and delivered on November 14th. The PT Cruiser has approximately 28,000 on it, with about 5,000 miles on the white wall tires. It comes with what is left of the Chrysler seven year/100,000 mile extended (bumper-to-bumper)warrenty. The PT Cruiser is in excellent condition except for the usual paint chips from our cruising. We keep it in the garage when it's not being driven. We use it solely for PT Cruiser events, shows and going out to dinner.

The folliwing is a list of some of the features:

***Chrysler 2001 PT Cruiser, Inferno Red, Limited Edition
***Four wheel disc brakes, traction control & ABS
***Hot Rod Flames & Pinstriping by John Esposito
***Autotecnica Chrome Pillar Covers
***Wheel Vintiques Smoothie Wheels with Moon Caps and Trim Rings
***PTeazer Smoothie Front Fascia with Retro Full Grille
***Mirage Roll Pan
***Ford 1935-1936 Passenger Car Front Bumper (attached to the frame)
***Ford 1935-1936 Pick Up Truck Rear Bumper (attached to the frame)
***E & G Running Boards
***Mooneyes Lake Pipes With Flame Accents
***Lund Tail Light Trim Kit
***Got My PT Third Brake Light Cover
***CVP Chrome Antenna Bezel & Chrome 18" Antenna &
***Chrome Windshield Washers with Yellow LEDs
***CVP Chrome Wiper Arms and Ultra SilBlade Stainless Steel Wiper Blades
***Autotecnica Chrome Headlight Trim
***Mopar Sound System with Cassette and CD
***Shrunken Heads Bobbing Head Basset Hound on Dash
***Kustom Kruzr Kruzr-Shifter with Flameball Shift Knob
***MGW Chrome AC Knobs, Power Plug and Lighter
***Flamed PT Cruiser Dice by Richard & Risse Zimmerman
***Flamed Floor Mats and Seat Belt Pads
***Streamline Design Interior Graphics (even the hood release)
***Streamline Design Gauge Flame Overlay
***Interior Painted Accents in Inferno Red with Pinst
Old 27 Aug 2004, 07:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I forgot to state that it's an automatic transmission.[8D]

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 20 Nov 2004, 10:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The Basset Hound Cruiser, a '50s style street rod PT Cruiser, is still for sale. There is not another PT Cruiser like it anywhere. It's use of 1936 Ford bumpers is truly unique.

I did have some serious interest, but that fell through. While I'd like to get $13,000 I'm asking for it, the price is negotiable. Anyone who is seriously interested can contact me at basithd@yahoo.com for more information our to make a bid.
[8)]

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/