PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stock Exhaust needed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2005, 10:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz
Default Stock Exhaust needed!

Hello all, I am in need of a nice stock exhaust (actually just the piping from cat to muffler)to buy. I had an after market 2.5 inch stainless steel TruBendz system installed and can't stand the tone of the exhaust note. Drives me crazy[xx(]. Also with my set up found only nominal performance gains (actually, it feels weaker then the stock). For anyone in Maryland, DC, Northern VA would be willing to trade plus small fee (Stock exhaust and $150). Sytem has resonator and magnaflow muffler. Post a message here or contact me at redsol93@hotmail.com

Thanks[?]
Old 23 May 2005, 11:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I've got my stock exhaust that you can have if you want to come to NC to get it. Came off my '02 LE.
Old 24 May 2005, 12:07 am
Regular Cruiser

That may be an option for me. I have to work some things out after I let this posting run for a couple of days. Thanks and nice PT!
Old 24 May 2005, 03:49 am
Veteran Cruiser

Did you try a resonator? You must have a non turbo because they are louder with that TruBendz exhaust.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 24 May 2005, 01:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Do you have a N/A cruiser? Anyone have one of these on a Turbo, and care to comment?

If it's too loud on a Turbo I wouldn't want it, but otherwise I might think about the trade/$. I'm in Eldersburg, MD.
Old 24 May 2005, 07:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

First; Mean Green, yes I have a turbo and yes the kit has a resonator.

Second to everyone; It is not too loud...it has a TONE that drives me crazy! My wife can tolerate it without any comments, so loud it is not!

Last; I am running 6PSI, with 163WHP and 210 torque. Not dis-satisfied with performance, the car seemed stronger with stock exhaust. Just FYI, I may just purchase another muffler and replace it. Still trying to decide what to do. Thanks again for your comments.
Old 24 May 2005, 10:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Mine ain't a turbo so I'm not sure if the exhaust will fit or not. Seems someone told me the n/a PTs had a 2 inch exhaust and turbos were 2 1/2 inch. I'm not sure about this. Oh, and thinks for the compliment.
Old 24 May 2005, 10:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

Redhot, mine is originally a N/A PT, I added the turbo. I just changed the exhaust after nearly a year of driving stock exhaust with turbo...it was great and I thought the larger pipes would enhance performance much more then it may have. I did not dyno the car before the exhaust just after. So I don't know if performance increased or went the other way. I still may have to drive down to see you after all. I;ll contact you if that turns out to be the case. I believe that all the stock pipes are 2.25 on the N/A PTs. I may be wrong but I don't think so. Where did you get the flame job? Looks nice in the photo, are they flip-flop type? Changing colors as you pass. Has that look to me, again great PT.
Old 24 May 2005, 10:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

You don't have a twin brother in the Texas area who also needs one of these, do you? I have a stock GT cat back in my attic that I'd like to unload. Too good to throw away (Only 500 miles on it.), no use for it myself. Know what I mean?

Shipping cost would be the big issue.

Maybe someday car collectors will be restoring Cruisers to "showroom" new condition and I'll be able to finally cash in.[8]
Old 24 May 2005, 11:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Are you willing to ship to Maryland? How much do you want for it, keep in mind that I have been offered "FREE" in NC, all it would cost me is time and a couple tanks of gas.Would be willing to pay shipping costs if not too crazy. My new system cost me $60 in shipping any more then that I may not do, but , give me a good price and maybe we can do business.