Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 PT Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jul 2008, 10:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 PT Cruiser

It seems that I am going to get screwed by easycare and Chrysler and there is not much I can do about it, however I do have a couple of options. My power door locks do not work. The first culprit was the RCE module in the steering column. Chrysler replaced that but easycare ins won't cover it. They say it is a module I say it is an electric switch whiich is covered, They say tom-ah-to I say tomayto. Anything they can do to keep from paying out while still collecting my premium. Once hooked up with the new switch some wiring started to smoke. They traced this to a bust clip in the door wiring harness. This will be a $783 item that again the warrenty company will not cover, they cover engine wiring harnesses but not the door ones. So that is what I need a drivers door wiring harness. Does anyone know of a salvage yard with PT's in them that I may be able to get this from. Please respond to
lordladymopak@webtv.net. with any info you have.

Thanks all in advance

Al Kahl
Old 03 Jul 2008, 12:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum Blakduke. That is the reason I never buy a extended warranty from anyone other than Chrysler. I worked in a dealership and could see grown people almost cry when they found that the dealership wouldn't honor their aftermarket warranty. Buy cheap, get what you pay for. Not a rant, but I feel your pain.

You haven't filled your profile with any info, so probably won't be able to direct you to a local salvage yard.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 03 Jul 2008, 01:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hooligan:
The problem is not the dealer, its the Easycare warrenty company that is refusing to honor what is in the document, however they will only get this one. As soon as I finish up this matter I will cancel the policy. BTW I have checked the local salvage yards and they can barely spell PT Cruiser. I don't care where it is as long as they know what I am talking about.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Blakduke; 03 Jul 2008 at 01:12 pm. Reason: to add more
Old 20 Aug 2008, 02:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Let me check with a yard around by me I know they have a o3 in the yard check with the dealer and see if they are the same and Ill get back to you
Old 20 Aug 2008, 02:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

sorry didnt see this post was from july did you find the harness yet ??