Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WTB - Multi-Function Switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Oct 2008, 04:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default WTB - Multi-Function Switch

If anyone has one that they didn't need, or come across one on eBay...Don't hesitate to let me know!

Thank's a lot!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 10 Oct 2008, 06:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: WTB - Multi-Function Switch

Ron, I hope you want one to take apart and see how it works and maybe make a better one because you really don't want to go to all the trouble of putting a used one in your car and finding out it's already past it's "prime" if you know ahat I mean.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 06:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Actually....I may just hook my foglight wires up to my running lights just so they will always be on when my running/parking lights are.

NO NEED FOR A MULTI-FUNCTION SWITCH!

Thanks, Carey!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 10 Oct 2008, 06:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Ron,

I'm not that much into electricity but you might want to run something between the fog lights and the wiring of the electrical system, like a relay or fuse or something that will control the draw of the fog lights. Might stop a burn out of your wiring harness.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 07:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Ron,

I'm not that much into electricity but you might want to run something between the fog lights and the wiring of the electrical system, like a relay or fuse or something that will control the draw of the fog lights. Might stop a burn out of your wiring harness.
You're probably right, then again I've only hooked up 1 other relay in my life and with much Trial and Error it worked....Maybe I will just get a push button somewhere in my car for them..what do you think?

My Baby:

Old 10 Oct 2008, 07:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well, push button to come on when you want or hard wired so they come on each time the lights come on is entirely up to you. I think you'll still need the relay (or something)in the wiring no matter what you choose. You might also want a lighted switch if you go that route so you can tell from inside the car when the fogs are on.

I put a lighted rocker switch on my undercar LED's so I can tell when there on.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 10 Oct 2008 at 07:13 pm.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 07:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Well, push button to come on when you want or hard wired so they come on each time the lights come on is entirely up to you. I think you'll still need the relay (or something)in the wiring no matter what you choose. You might also want a lighted switch if you go that route so you can tell from inside the car when the fogs are on.

I put a lighted rocker switch on my undercar LED's so I can tell when there on.

My Baby:

Old 10 Oct 2008, 07:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Lot of dirt in that picture. I see you've used the same empty space I did and you can use the other spare space on the right side of the rear wiper for a lighted fog light switch.

Old 10 Oct 2008, 07:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

I don't see any dirt <_< haha.

I was going to put my exterior neon light switch there....PTModRod has some switched in his center console area, I've already drilled a hole there (on accident) so I may try to shove something in there..

My Baby:

Old 10 Oct 2008, 07:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
I've already drilled a hole there (on accident) so I may try to shove something in there..
Sounds like a good plan.