Fresh Cruiser

Default WTB: 04-05 GT Cruiser Auto PCM

I'm in need of a 04-05 GT Cruiser Auto trans PCM for my swap

let me know

thanks
Old 16 Feb 2009, 02:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: WTB: 04-05 GT Cruiser Auto PCM

I don't think it's that easy. The PCM's are VIN # specific. If it doesn't match your VIN# it won't work. I have heard that if you get the body controller with the PCM that sometimes it will work. Otherwise, you get to buy a new one from Chrysler for $600 plus have them burn your VIN# in. From what I was told, once the VIN# is burnt in that computer belongs to that car. It cannot be changed ever again. Even if you get the body controller you may have to have it programmed at Chrysler at whatever their hourly rate is, usually $80+. They key, dash, body controller and PCM have to match. Otherwise you have a pile of sheet metal and plastic. If you have Autostick you have to have the shifter and the dash to match also. Unless you have the whole turbo car to swap parts off of you are better off going and buying an actual GT car. You will be better off, less headaches and more money left in your pocket for other fun stuff.
Old 16 Feb 2009, 03:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I picked up a used 04 GT PCM a few days ago. I added the extra wires that the Cruisers require and then paid the dealer 88 bucks to have it flashed to my Neon VIN and key codes.

This is in a 03 Neon SXT that i swapped a SRT-4 engine in so theirs no buying a GT Cruiser

The SRT-4 wiring harness, SXT neon trans harness, SRT-4 Cluster, 41te Trans, 03 neon skim/key, etc all work fine together.

I think their was a whole 6 wires to add throughout the pcm connectors
( 2 TCM data link feeds, the two autostick feeds, one positive feed, and one Park/Neutral wire. )

The only thing i need now is the autostick shifter so i can manually shift it.
Old 16 Feb 2009, 04:10 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphiteSRT View Post
I picked up a used 04 GT PCM a few days ago. I added the extra wires that the Cruisers require and then paid the dealer 88 bucks to have it flashed to my Neon VIN and key codes.

This is in a 03 Neon SXT that i swapped a SRT-4 engine in so theirs no buying a GT Cruiser

The SRT-4 wiring harness, SXT neon trans harness, SRT-4 Cluster, 41te Trans, 03 neon skim/key, etc all work fine together.

I think their was a whole 6 wires to add throughout the pcm connectors
( 2 TCM data link feeds, the two autostick feeds, one positive feed, and one Park/Neutral wire. )

The only thing i need now is the autostick shifter so i can manually shift it.
You must be friends with the dealer. Good luck trying to have a neon vin flashed in a PT pcm anywhere else. Most dealers claim stupidity when trying to flash a new stage pcm.

Got any pics of your swap? I love stealthy.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 13 Mar 2009, 06:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i have a gt auto pcm. not sure what year its from but its in a 03 gt manuel.