PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Looking at '05 convert GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2009, 10:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to DEMO Send a message via Skype™ to DEMO
Default Looking at '05 convert GT

Nice looking car red, leather int. around 40 Gs in miliage. Dealer wants $11,000. Dont know too much about PT's and this is something the wife wants. After alot of talk it's something I have my heart also set on. If we do get it first is new rims. What are your thoughts on the conv, yr ect? Any good links out there for custom grills? What about did anyone get a new steering wheel? I think those are ugly as hell. Thanks you all for any replys.
Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Looking at '05 convert GT

Well im not a expert but $11,000 for a 2005 with 40,000 is WAY TO HIGH

id say closer to $8-9000 i didnt do a KBB but from what i have seen that is up there ( my 06 with 1800 on it a non turbo auto was only $9,999)

If anything offer him $10000 see what he says
Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

opps reread the post it is a vert gt so I might be out to lunch sorry ) how do you edit a post anyway I tryed and it got all buggered p)
Old 05 Mar 2009, 03:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have to agree with cruiserdad, that is to much money for a 2005!! I definitely would check Kelly Blue Book. Unless it is a GT with all the bells & whistles. I find that convertibles doesn't have a lot of room, very little trunk area. Some problems with the front windows that do not always go up all of the way. That seems to be the greatest problems with the convertibles.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Mar 2009, 10:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have been looking pretty heavy for one the last 2 months. Prices are all over the place. Go to Autotrader and do a search for a convertible Pt Cruiser 2005. They are all the way from 8,000-13,000+. Car sales are almost non-existent right now so you can get some great deals. Hold out a little, I'll bet you can get it for $9000-$10,000. If he thinks you have to have that one he won't dicker. Try getting another salesman, that worked for me, $2500 difference just in changing salesmen. Call and ask for someone else, don't walk in, they will recognize you. I just bought an 05 GT Convertible, 50,000 miles for $9600, white leather, chrome wheels. Very nice car, Midnight Blue Metallic.
Old 06 Mar 2009, 08:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusierdad76 View Post
opps reread the post it is a vert gt so I might be out to lunch sorry ) how do you edit a post anyway I tryed and it got all buggered p)
Go to the original post, click on EDIT, edit whatever you want and click SAVE.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 06 Mar 2009, 11:15 am
Fanatic Cruiser

thanks
Old 06 Mar 2009, 03:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Looking at '05 convert GT

Sounds too high to me too!
....unless it's in mint condition, and already had some upcoming mileage service done...
...like plugs & wires; tranny flush....etc.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 06 Mar 2009, 03:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to DEMO Send a message via Skype™ to DEMO

Well thanks for all the input fellas. This morning I took the plunge. Got the car and very well pleased with it. Used from a lot with 5 yr 100,00 mile warranty I'm happy. yeah bells and whistles. Clarion detactch cd player GT 2.4L Turbo. 17 inch alloys and leather. I am pleased with the transaction. I dont think that 41K is alot for a 2005. Under 12 K per year which is the average. I will go out soon and take pics and post them.
Old 06 Mar 2009, 11:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Cathy06PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMO View Post
Well thanks for all the input fellas. This morning I took the plunge. Got the car and very well pleased with it. Used from a lot with 5 yr 100,00 mile warranty I'm happy. yeah bells and whistles. Clarion detactch cd player GT 2.4L Turbo. 17 inch alloys and leather. I am pleased with the transaction. I dont think that 41K is alot for a 2005. Under 12 K per year which is the average. I will go out soon and take pics and post them.

Awesome!! Nice choice, Converts are fun!!!!!!