Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wanted rear lowering springs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2010, 08:25 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Wanted rear lowering springs

I am looking for some rear lowering springs for my PT.I only want to lower the rear but if you have the full kit at a good price that will work too.
I am probably going to get the Eibach Pro kit soon but I just want to see if I can find some for just the rear first so I dont have to get the hole kit.

Last edited by SCBluePT; 21 Nov 2010 at 09:39 am.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 03:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Wanted rear lowering springs

Why would you only lower the rear? Any kit you find is going to drop that lower than your front and leave you nose-high. I bought the H&R sport kit:
Approx.Front Lowering: 1.4
Approx.Rear Lowering: 1.3

Now I've had it on for two years the car has settled to just over 2" both front and rear, but I have run the cah cah out of it, both road track and quarter mile, plus running the Tail of the Dragon too often.

If you're trying to get your car to just ride level, look at some of the kits that lower the front 1/2" and the back 3/4". H&R makes a set for '01-'08 PT with that drop. That will lower your center of gravity, give you a bit more control, feel more stable, make cornering better on you and your passengers, level your ride and not increase roughness in any way. Well, that is assuming you have decent shocks. Me, I've got sort of a race/street setup on mine, and would be a bit too stiff for you I think, but I dropped mine and may go lower yet.

Last edited by Chromenut; 21 Nov 2010 at 03:56 pm.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 06:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

My car is about 2" higher in the rear so I figured lowering it around 1.5" would put me where I want to be.I have seen pictures of cars with the rear only drop and they are still a little higher in the back.

Last edited by SCBluePT; 21 Nov 2010 at 06:32 pm.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 06:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Ohhh okay, gotcha, my vert was only around 2/10ths difference front to rear before my drop. My my back end is about 1" above the front, but on the vert I really like that rake. Makes it racier looking.

Of course, everyone says that when I get in, the driver's side is 3" lower than the passenger side, been waiting for H&R to respond to my emails about that....
Old 12 Jan 2011, 03:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

I'm selling my complete set of air bag suspension for $800 + shipping. let me know if you are interested.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 07:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_gadget View Post
I'm selling my complete set of air bag suspension for $800 + shipping. let me know if you are interested.
Includes compressor/tank/mounts etc? Also what brand is it? I maybe interested if he isn't.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 08:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwing777 View Post
Includes compressor/tank/mounts etc? Also what brand is it? I maybe interested if he isn't.
He has pictures of everything in this link.I am no longer looking to lower mine.Thanks though.Parting out 2001 PT Cruiser with Whipple SC, Airbag suspension & a whole lot of mods