Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WTB modesty cover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Feb 2011, 12:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default WTB modesty cover

need a modesty cover for my non-turbo 2001 cruiser. This is the plastic shroud that covers the throttle body and some of the intake and has the letters DOHC. I bought the PT used and didn't even know I was missing this piece until I saw the spark plug removal pictures.

Thanks
Old 06 Feb 2011, 12:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: WTB modesty cover

Took mine off for two reasons - it is a heat trap, and imo, the engine looks better without it. Course mine's an '06 and the covers are different I believe....

Old 06 Feb 2011, 12:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: WTB modesty cover

06 and up did not come with the cover
Old 06 Feb 2011, 12:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mityqwik View Post
06 and up did not come with the cover
That would be really odd as I pulled my cover off and it's sitting in my shed right now.

Believe me, when I took it off I spent three days solid in my garage prepping and painting my intake and other plastic pieces. I'm actually thinking of painting it to match and maybe putting it back on. Do my custom blue pin stripe on it and the faux aluminum look, with 12 layers of engine clear coat on top... might even toss in some glitter for a metallic look this time....hmmmm... now you got me thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Chromenut; 06 Feb 2011 at 12:53 pm.
Old 06 Feb 2011, 01:51 pm
Banned

The covers for the N/As were not as "all-encompassing" as the turbo covers. I've made a few custom ones of both styles and you can do a lot with both styles imho. I even made some two-part covers for the N/As. The one pic shows the "heat-strip" that I made years ago to put sharp bends in plexei.

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102 turbo intake and primered vanity cover.jpg (85.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 110 vanity cover-cover.jpg (41.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 116.1 turbo intake and vanity cover-cover.jpg (49.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 121.1 turbo vanity cover.jpg (55.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 113 vanity cover-cover.jpg (40.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 123.6 na vanity cover.jpg (40.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 123.10 na vanity cover.jpg (37.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 011ModestyCover.jpg (93.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 010Engine.jpg (64.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 06 Feb 2011, 02:16 pm
Banned

Also, the N/As stopped coming with the covers after the 03 production year, except apparently some of the early 04's had them, because my N/A came with one. All of the plastic turbo intakes came with the vanity covers. I put the turbo intake on my N/A and I don't put the vanity cover on unless I'm at a show. It really "shows" well when you raise the hood and they see the color matched vanity with the 60's "keep-on-truckin" guy. Never fails to get good comments!

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 121.2 turbo vanity, etc..jpg (46.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 06 Feb 2011, 02:22 pm
Banned

Back to your question, You can obviously buy one from the dealer. You can usually pick one up at a junk yard. You can most likely find one on e-bay or you can sometimes find one at sites like this one in the "parts for sale section". You should be able to find one easily using one or more of these methods.

Jerry
Old 06 Feb 2011, 03:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

wwpptc, interesting cable condoms....
Old 06 Feb 2011, 04:20 pm
Banned

I take great "umbrage" at that remark. I mean I've been called a lot of things before but that takes the ------------oh, wait, you're talking about the spark plug wire covers----------never mind. Actually I had a few of these taking up space on my shelf and decided to add to my wires. They're made of fiberglas and they have been normally used to protect plug wires that are "up close and personal" with headers on performance cars for years. They work great even if the wires are only an inch or less away from the header pipe. With our PT wires on the top center of our engines (heat rises ya know) I figured they could use all the heat protection they could get and like I said "they were only taking up space on my shelf". As the temperature of any plug wire rises, the plug wires resistance rises with it. I simply chose to give them all the help they could get.

Jerry
Old 06 Feb 2011, 10:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: WTB modesty cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
That would be really odd as I pulled my cover off and it's sitting in my shed right now.

Believe me, when I took it off I spent three days solid in my garage prepping and painting my intake and other plastic pieces. I'm actually thinking of painting it to match and maybe putting it back on. Do my custom blue pin stripe on it and the faux aluminum look, with 12 layers of engine clear coat on top... might even toss in some glitter for a metallic look this time....hmmmm... now you got me thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!
i forgot to say n/a's 06 and up did not come with them.