Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1/Injectors for a 2003 auto Dream Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Apr 2011, 02:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Stage 1/Injectors for a 2003 auto Dream Cruiser

Like the title says. I'm interested in purchasing a stage 1 and injector upgrade for my 2003 automatic turbo Dream Cruiser. Any reasonable price will be considered. I know they no longer make this upgrade and am not sure what a reasonable price is.

I'm not sure what all needs to be done to install this??? Does the dealer need to do something because it is a computer upgrade? I plan on having a professional install it.

Every where I read says this is the best upgrade for the money on turbo PTs. What kind of horsepower, torque, and gas mileage is expexted with this upgrade alone?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 02:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Stage 1/Injectors for a 2003 auto Dream Cruiser

20hp or so.

In the past few months, I've seen S1's go from 275 (on ebay) up to 600 on the forums.

As for any programming needed, the S1 will need to be flashed to your vin number. Find a dealer (if there are any left) with a tool and they'll do it for ya. You can possibly get the reflash done free, but most people go through Flight Systems and it's like 50 bucks to do.

Installation is easy and you can do it yourself. Word of advice, go through the process of a tranny-relearn (just google it) or have the dealership do it for you at a price (takes about 15mins).

On to injectors. I've repeated this countless times and I'll say it again, LOOK FOR THEM LOCALLY.

Just recently I passed on I think my 4th set that I was offered (free). Yes, I've had 3 other sets offered to me at no charge. Why? Stage 1 injectors (to an 03) are actually Stock injectors to an 04 and above PT Cruiser GT and N-SRT4. They're being used as paperweights by alot of guys, especially SRT owners. Don't go paying 50 or even 100 bucks for a set.

Just sayin'

Goodluck with your search!
Old 12 Apr 2011, 03:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Stage 1/Injectors for a 2003 auto Dream Cruiser

Look on any SRT-4 forum to find 05 injectors off of a SRT-4, the blue tip ones! That's what you are looking for I think? I just picked up a used set for $40 .... And there is a set on eBay for $35 I think, if they are still there!

SOLD-----K&N FIPK CAI, MSD wires, NGK plugs
03 Dream Cruiser series 2 #1489,5sp
k&N FIPK CAI, MSD 8MM wires, NGK iridium plugs, oil catch can, AGP wastegate, Mopar BOV,Mopar Boost Gauge,Stage 1 injectors,DSP Sport tuner,VSR Anima 18" wheels, Kelly 225-40-18 tires, 3" cat delete downpipe, APS SS dual exhaust.

Now owner of a black CSRT stage 1.