Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Harness for iPod hook up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 May 2011, 11:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Talking Harness for iPod hook up

Hey y'all I'm looking for a harness for my stock 04 stereo so I can link my iPod to my system. The local audio dealer wants $130 or something crazy like that plus $79 to install(yeah right I could have a pt radio out in the dark with only a Swiss army knife in about 90 seconds)(with no sign of forced entry or marks). I can by another deck for that price. I don't want a new deck. Not that I like the POS that it comes with but I want my car looking clean. That means all the lines flow and all the knobs and buttons are balanced and so forth. I am going to great lengths to have no messy cords or BS hanging around once I get the harness, but I need to get there first. I'll check flea-bay but my first choice is always my peeps here at PYT forum. Please PM me, post here or text me at 916 990 3919. Thanks as always ur friend
RobO
Old 17 Aug 2011, 11:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Harness for iPod hook up

I just ordered a Metra FDIP01 Ford-compatible iPod Adapter from Tech for Less at a price $13 and the correct Chrysler cable for $15. Prices include shipping. I hope it works when I receive them.

Metra FDIP01 | open box Car Audio & Video
Axxess XIAH-CH1 (xiahch1) 2002-2006 Chrysler Specific Harness for

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.
Old 27 Aug 2011, 03:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I installed these items today after preparing for hurricane Irene. Works like a charm. Just trying to figure how to use the radio buttons to control my play lists. The Axxess box is tucked behind my rear defroster switch. I drilled a hole in the back of the storage bin for the wire harness to the iPod and I plan on using that storage bin to hold my iPod. It's usually empty anyway. This entire package cost under $30.

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.

Last edited by compdr59; 27 Aug 2011 at 03:35 pm.
Old 06 Sep 2011, 10:14 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by compdr59 View Post
I installed these items today after preparing for hurricane Irene. Works like a charm. Just trying to figure how to use the radio buttons to control my play lists. The Axxess box is tucked behind my rear defroster switch. I drilled a hole in the back of the storage bin for the wire harness to the iPod and I plan on using that storage bin to hold my iPod. It's usually empty anyway. This entire package cost under $30.
How about hooking up an android phone, probably from the headphone jack. Would that work using your setup?

2005 Dreamcruiser Series 4 Convertible. Deep Lava Red (not the plum color) with matching top. Infinity sound, two tone leather, High Output Turbo

2002 Durango 5.9 R/T. Cherry Red. Full time AWD, Infinity Sound, K&N intake.
Old 01 Oct 2011, 05:01 pm
Young Cruiser

Wow nice thanks for the lead I'll look into that. It sounds like a reasonable amount to pay for what I'm looking for. Thanks again!
Old 16 Nov 2011, 12:30 am
Banned

Compdr59, can you clarify about the need for both pieces? It sounds like a

nice and cheap option for using an Ipod, I'm just slightly confused as to why

both are needed. Are you happy with the set up? Thanks
Old 16 Nov 2011, 03:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

You need both because the Metra item is for a Ford. You need the Chrysler wiring harness. It works, but I don't have any real control of the iPod. I usually just press the tune up button to go to the next song if I don't like the one playing. It doesn't like going backwards to repeat one already played.

It's a lot better than what I had before. Can't beat the price. Let me know how yours works after installation.

Original Owner 135k
Old 16 Nov 2011, 03:33 pm
Banned

Got it, thanks. So if my Touch is on shuffle, the next song up would be random, not next in order, correct?
Old 16 Nov 2011, 04:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I use and older Generation 3 and my son has the Touch. He says he starts a play list before plugging it in and he uses the tune button to skip songs. It plays them in order, not random.

It actually sounds better than radios with the MP3 connector, because it's not amplified.

Original Owner 135k