Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WTB multi-switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2011, 08:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Default WTB multi-switch

I am looking for a multi switch with foglight controls for my 05 cruiser. I am also looking for lowering springs and a kewl sounding muffler. If you can help text me at 314-307-5948 or email me bzish@att.net
Old 30 May 2011, 10:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: WTB multi-switch

Have you tried ebay? Lots of MFS's there. And my suggestion on lowering springs - don't buy used unless the seller guarantees they have less than 20k miles on them! Any with higher mileage, you're just buying someone else's problem. On the muffler, depends on whether you're in an NA or Turbo. Turbo doesn't want back pressure while the NA needs it. Free flowing mufflers to fit either one are not that hard to find, and not all that expensive.
Old 01 Jun 2011, 09:03 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyinboxers View Post
I am looking for a multi switch with foglight controls for my 05 cruiser. I am also looking for lowering springs and a kewl sounding muffler. If you can help text me at 314-307-5948 or email me bzish@att.net
Are you in St. Louis? I am, and I noticed you have a 314 area code. If so, I bought one at Advance Auto Parts for less than $50. I can get you the part number if you would like.
Old 01 Jun 2011, 10:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrosenthal View Post
Are you in St. Louis? I am, and I noticed you have a 314 area code. If so, I bought one at Advance Auto Parts for less than $50. I can get you the part number if you would like.
You guys need to fill out your profiles so it posts where in the US you live, unless you are in a Witness Protection Plan!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 01 Jun 2011, 03:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Yeah I am in St. Louis The multi function switch I need is the one with foglight controls.
Old 01 Jun 2011, 03:31 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Have you tried ebay? Lots of MFS's there. And my suggestion on lowering springs - don't buy used unless the seller guarantees they have less than 20k miles on them! Any with higher mileage, you're just buying someone else's problem. On the muffler, depends on whether you're in an NA or Turbo. Turbo doesn't want back pressure while the NA needs it. Free flowing mufflers to fit either one are not that hard to find, and not all that expensive.
Yeah I have a Non-Turbo
Old 01 Jun 2011, 03:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyinboxers View Post
Yeah I am in St. Louis The multi function switch I need is the one with foglight controls.
I have an 01 with fog lights. The Advance Auto Parts website says it will fit your car as well: Buy BWD Combination Switch S14401 at Advance Auto Parts (You can call them and have them order the part to your store, I don't believe they have it locally, they have to get it from the warehouse.)

It is much cheaper at Advance than at any other place I checked, including the Internet.

Last edited by paulrosenthal; 01 Jun 2011 at 04:00 pm.
Old 01 Jun 2011, 08:39 pm
Young Cruiser

Let me ask you this b4 I go by that darn thing, my pt did not come factory with fog lights, I have herd that I will have to take it in to the dealer and have them hook the computer up and tell it that I have fog lights is that true?
Old 01 Jun 2011, 08:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to that question. Maybe someone here will chime in on that. I am not sure whether the fog lights go through a bus or a relay somewhere that is controlled by the PCM?
Old 04 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm
Young Cruiser

the factory fog lights are controlled in line with head lights. Your actually lucky to not have the factory set up. They will fail and cause you problems invariably. It has to do with the plastic mechanism inside the MFS that requires too much force to in-gauge and dis-ingauge them without wearing down the parts- eventually causing an always open line, causing your battery to die. Thats my understanding of the fog lights/MFS/headlights relation. So i dont have any knowledge of fog lights being connected in any way to the PCM.
IMHO the fog lights belong on a switch next too the rear wiper. The worst you can do is have your high beams and fog lights on at the same time. I dont think a single one of the hundreds and hundreds of people who have dealt with this problem would care about having high beams and fog lights on simultaneously. If its not a power problem its a better set up.

Last edited by bigbadwolph; 04 Jun 2011 at 12:40 pm.