Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
AIr filter box to throttle body coupling hose

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2011, 09:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default AIr filter box to throttle body coupling hose

Just wondering if anyone who has taken the stock airbox off of their 2002 N/A Cruiser to put a short ram intake on still has the rubber coupling laying around that goes between the stock airbox and the throttle body? I took mine off to put a short ram intake on with a cone filter earlier this year, and was interested in putting the stock airbox and filter back on after I did the airbox mod to it.

I seem to have misplaced the rubber coupling piece and can't find one at the junkyards around here (there are never any PT's there). If you've got one that you wouldn't mind parting with, let me know what you would want for it, including shipping to Iowa zipcode 50213.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11 Aug 2011, 07:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: AIr filter box to throttle body coupling hose

Steve.

The part number is 4891-136AB. You can buy one for $16.32 at the link below. That's cheaper than I can send you my old one. Check it out.

Mopar Part 4891136AB
Old 17 Aug 2011, 07:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for the info, Carey. I really appreciate it. I called our local Chrysler stealer, and they quoted me around $65 for this part. They supposedly checked their cross reference book, and said that this part wasn't used on any other Chrysler models. I'll check out this link that you provided.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 19 Aug 2011, 07:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I just bought a k&n filter that is on its way to me. Once I have it, you can have mine for the cost of shipping. Its off of a 2002. I should have it sometime next week.
Bill in SLC
Old 20 Aug 2011, 04:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hi, Bill.
Sounds great. Please let me know how much to ship it ground to Osceola, IA. Zipcode is 50213.

My email is : sscanlan@mchsi.com

If you can drop me an e-mail with an address of where to send the money, I'll e-mail you back with my home address.

Thanks very much. I really appreciate it.

Steve
Old 30 Aug 2011, 08:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

Bill,
I sent your money out by mail this morning. Just got the hose yesterday. It looks to be in great shape. I'm going to try the mod for the stock airbox in the next week or two. I was just running a short ram with a Spectre cone filter. I think it just sucked in too much hot air from the engine compartment.
Hopefully going back to the stock airbox will isolate the filter from the engine heat, along with the larger PVC intake tubing for the mod.

Thanks again for your generosity.

Steve
Old 31 Aug 2011, 08:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

No worries! Glad you got it. I'm planning the same mod. I just got a 2nd hose from the junkyard today. Painting up the airbox tomorrow. Those short ram air tubes do suck in the hot air. I'll keep mine on until i get the airbox done.
Bill in SLC
Old 03 Dec 2011, 03:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

I know this is a somewhat older post but thanks Crewzin! I've been looking all over for my original intake hose and couldn't find it anywhere online. Just ordered a new one today...
Now if I could only find the rest of the original parts that are missing that I've been saving for 11 years...
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler